PDA

View Full Version : Freezing to death

Elias_Maluco
12-02-2009, 02:43 AM
This problem Im having was already described here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11034

But since the topic is about the demo, and Im playing the full version, I though it would be better to start a new one.

Basically, the game freezes at random times. And it freezes so badly I have to hard reset the computer (no ctrl+alt+del, no response from keyvboard, mouse, anything). Quoting what I said at the other topic:

It happened on the inventory screen, it happened on the map, it happened twice while trying to beat that accursed robot (r14 something).

I remember having similar crashes on KB the Legend, but those were recoverable: it would come back after waiting for a bit and hitting ctrl+alt+del and getting back to the game. Now it just freezes and theres nothing I can do.

Then I got the last version of the nVidia drivers I tried again. Finally, I was able to defeat R14 and went back up went to talk to that dwarf, and then the game froze while I was talking to him.

If I cant find a solution to this, I will have to stop playing. I could take some crashes to desktop, but is very annoying to reboot the computer every half an hour or so of playing.

And is very, very dispointing becouse Ive been waiting for this game for months (I loved Kings Bounty the Legend) and I am really loving it. I even pre-ordered it, it was the first game Ive ever pre-ordered in m y life.

But now, those freezes of death are ruining the experience. So, you would please help me find a solution to this? I realy dont know what to do.

My PC:
Athlon X2 3800, 2GB RAM, GeForce 7600 GT (latest drivers, 195.62).

Attached goes a dxdiag report, I hope it helps. Any more info, please ask. My game was downloaded from GamersGate, right after it was avaliable.

Please help me, I just want to keep playing the game.

Elias_Maluco
12-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Nobody? Pretty please?

Elwin
12-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Sounds more like hardware problem than a game itselves, in what condiotion is your HDD ?

Landmarx
12-03-2009, 12:52 PM
I was having the same issues with the first game. These types of freezes are many times due to video card overheating. This game is pretty demanding with the settings cranked up and over heated the card (geforce 7950) regularly.
I upgraded the card and added another case fan and neither game has crashed again ever. I used the same drivers with both cards so I know it wasn't a driver issue. Certain games make you realize your hardware is getting dated and King's Bounty made me upgrade.

Nike-it
12-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Nobody? Pretty please?

Did you contact our support team?
And also, what video setting in the game are you using?

Elias_Maluco
12-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Sounds more like hardware problem than a game itselves, in what condiotion is your HDD ?

My PC is seems fine. Im also playing a lot of other games (STALKER, Torchlight, Heroes of Might and Magic 5, Gothic 3, to name a few) and I dont have this problem in any of then.

I was having the same issues with the first game. These types of freezes are many times due to video card overheating. This game is pretty demanding with the settings cranked up and over heated the card (geforce 7950) regularly.
I upgraded the card and added another case fan and neither game has crashed again ever. I used the same drivers with both cards so I know it wasn't a driver issue. Certain games make you realize your hardware is getting dated and King's Bounty made me upgrade.

Makes sense, actually. Altough the game is running smooth, it might be overheating (summer here, pretty hot most of the time). I will try lowering the graphic setting and watching the GPU temperature.

Did you contact our support team?
And also, what video setting in the game are you using?

Res: 1680x1050
Refresh: Normal
Vis distance: Normal
Water: High
A. Filter: 2x
Shadows: Normal
Anti-aliasing: No
Vertical Sync: Yes
Landscape: High
Units: High
Object: High

Has I said, its running pretty smooth with this settings, only some ocasional slowdowns. But I will try lowering a bit anyway, that overheating is a good possibility.

I havent contacted support yet (actually, I though that was the point of this forum), but I will if keep having the freezes after lowering the settings.

Thanks a lot for the tips!

Elias_Maluco
12-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Played for several hours yesterday, no freeze. Perhaps I solved it (by lowering the video detail a bit). I will report backn here if it happens again.

Thank you all for the tips.