PDA

View Full Version : question About the escaped imp quest (spoiler)

Misery
11-30-2009, 02:22 PM
I was wondering what would happen in this quest if

1.You tell the imp to go to Debir

2.You don't hand over the imp to that demon and start the fight

I forgot to save before this, so I couldn't go back to check:mad: Would those choices yield a better reward or would it make you fail the quest ?(This one quest reminds me of a certain annoying quest in KBTL which you have to go to Ultrax,in which if you talked to the quest giver before you got the quest item it will fail)

Direwolf
11-30-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm also curious about this...since i turned in the imp and got the easy xp.

cheers,
DW

DGDobrev
11-30-2009, 04:37 PM
If I recall correctly, you will forfeit the quest if you don't free the imp properly. You simply won't be able to finish it. Asklepy will keep on asking where his slave is, amelie will keep on saying she hasn't found him yet.

I may be wrong though - I chose that in my very first playthrough and I think I lost the quest. Similar thing happens if you decide that you do want to be Teana's champion when you beat up arnold heninghem rather than refusing the title.

Misery
12-01-2009, 04:13 AM
Since we're on topic of this I might as well ask about the goblin/orc quest.

If I helped one side would it fail another quest ?(the goblin quest is to kill frog god, and the orc quest is to steal the magic water from the Temple)

Elwin
12-01-2009, 06:20 AM
And how you wana steal it? You will not pass there

Tibster
12-01-2009, 06:42 AM
I think he is asking if they are mutualy exclusive .

Elwin
12-01-2009, 07:32 AM
I do not find any other way thna killing Kumatu, the goblins wil l block the way otherwise

DGDobrev
12-01-2009, 07:48 AM
They are not mutually exclusive. Just take the quest to help one of the sides and kill the frog, then take the quest to help the other side for the stone. This is one of the places where amelie becomes a double agent :)

Mutually exclusive quest seems to be the one for Griida and Coruscan. You either have to kill him, or you need to beat up an enemy stack to help the poor goblin show that he's a good husband.

Misery
12-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks for clarifying

And yeah, Amelie is like a double agent in these quests, In Mesmer quest I gathered all the dwarves for him and when I handed them over and completed the quest I attacked him right on the spot.

Zechnophobe
12-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks for clarifying

And yeah, Amelie is like a double agent in these quests, In Mesmer quest I gathered all the dwarves for him and when I handed them over and completed the quest I attacked him right on the spot.

Worse yet, then You got to Mistakus on Namless Island, who has a 'free spot for an apprentice' and ask for the job! Amelie sure knows how to go up the corporate ladder!

tetleytea
01-31-2010, 07:34 PM
My big comment on escaped Imp quest is, start on it as soon as you can, and finish it last, when you're done with Sheterra Island. Visiting him over and over again gives unlimited Mana+Rage recharge. Unlimited imp runs sure simplifies a lot of things.

loreangelicus
05-12-2010, 06:44 PM
I was wondering what would happen in this quest if

1.You tell the imp to go to Debir

2.You don't hand over the imp to that demon and start the fight

I forgot to save before this, so I couldn't go back to check:mad: Would those choices yield a better reward or would it make you fail the quest ?(This one quest reminds me of a certain annoying quest in KBTL which you have to go to Ultrax,in which if you talked to the quest giver before you got the quest item it will fail)

If you tell the imp to go to Debir you would fail the quest.

The best way to complete this quest is to bring back the imp to Asklepy, then refuse to turn him over and fight Asklepy. You get extra XP for killing Asklepy, and you still complete the quest properly (see attached screenshots).