PDA

View Full Version : Elon lecure hall awards

Metathron
11-28-2009, 09:17 PM
You can choose to master one of three paths.

I chose the lizardman one, and the diploma you get gives you

+10 rage
+5 attack of all lizardmen
+10% Tirex critical hit

Anyone know what the other two are?

Tianx
11-29-2009, 12:38 AM
I got that one too but I am now kinda regretting getting it because you really don't see any lizard units until the last island. This is one thing I kind think they need to rework in AP. Since they have the new units, why not give players access to them earlier rather than the last island where you may already have units with better stats.

Elwin
11-29-2009, 12:40 AM
NOt really. Lizards are kinda special .. and also fact that its late island doesnt mean that you will be there on the end of the game .. it all depends on you .. nothing is locked in this game ...

DGDobrev
11-29-2009, 12:58 AM
My favorite is the Anti-Magic diploma.

+2 Defense
+2 Intellect
+25% Magic resistance (absolute)

The magic resistance bonus is really, really nice. You will encounter a lot of heavy stacks on impossible full of units that inflict magic damage. That one saves butts big time :P

The Botanic diploma:
+10 attack and defense to all Thorns, Ents and Dryads

Generally it's not bad, because 10 attack and defense is a very serious bonus.

Metathron
11-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Thanks.

It looks to me like the anti-magic one is the best, as it's the most general of the bunch.

melwin
11-30-2009, 12:49 PM
DGDobrev,

How many creatures do magical damage? Personally I don't think that the list is that big.

DGDobrev
11-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Archmagi, Priests, Inquisitors, Necromancers, Demonologists (against demons), Shaman Blade Dance, Lake Fairies, Tree Fairies, Dryads, Druids, White/Black Unicorn (horn of light), Gorguanas, Beholders, Evil Eyes, Emerald Green Dragons (mana drain). Zilgadis also has a mass attack, magic based.

That's a nice list, don't you think? I know physical damage is 80% of the game but the other types of damage can't be dismissed :)

melwin
11-30-2009, 01:19 PM
It is a nice list - yes , but I find most of the monsters/abilities in it not to be too dangerous. I'm just wondering for example if you play with a all lizard army which bonus will be better.

In this context - is 90% resistance to physical possible ?

Elwin
11-30-2009, 01:33 PM
hmm lets think .. 15 twinkling boots, 2x slippery cuirass 20%, medal 7% .. 42 .. i doubt it can go up to 90 % not imcluding spells of course or creature aabilitires .. ghosts will have 90% ..

DGDobrev
11-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Yes it is. Stone skin provides a great boost to physical resistance. God armor provides a nice boost as well. For me, Target + Stone skin got me through impossible as a Mage without losses.

You should be aware that on normal, the stacks are not so big so they aren't that dangerous. On impossible, for example, Elenhel on lvl 40 had 115 necros, over 300 druids, 187 (or was it more) archmagi, 250+ demonologists. Each one of them deals magic damage, and his geyser usually kills 1/6 of a warrior Amelie's stacks, 1/5 of paladin amelie's stacks and 1/4 of a Mage amelie's stacks in one go - and he can cast 6 of them without thinking.

You can imagine what kind of firepower is that - in both physical and magic damage.

Tiagop
11-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Lizardmens rock, sometimes I win battles only using the Lizardmen with the spear (killing through cells)+teleport and with the bloodlust ability hes enough to killing all enemy party, critting 10-20k its insane

that lizardmen diploma rocks;)

melwin
11-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Well actually I was thinking of something like max physical resistance without casting spells.

So if I continue the calculations from Elwin:

15 twinkling boots, 2x slippery cuirass 20%, medal 7% - 42%

I stumbled upon a dress with +5% resistance to all and this makes 47%.

As far as I know the most resistant units are the ones with +30% to physical( Are Trolls affected by the medal bonus before the doubling?) So this would make 77% resistance before any spells.
So the question is what is the max? 95 .. or more?

EDIT: BTW isn't geyser pure physical damage spell?

Elwin
11-30-2009, 03:15 PM
geyser is phisical but his units are magic :> I do not count spells for htat calculation .. Ktahu starts with his skill before you can do enything so you get losses without additional spell resistance

DGDobrev
11-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Well, 95% is a max. However, melwin, although you seem to know the game well, but the most important thing in KBAP is to make your character flexible. You must try to have items and units that you can use for all situations. Otherwise, you may find yourself losing a lot of units in a battle, which is highly undesirable.

You never know when the ai will present you with an extraordinary challenge.