PDA

View Full Version : The dreadful camera zooming and tracking

Hento
11-27-2009, 09:15 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6327

How do you turn off randomly activated instances where camera is zooming in and tracking, usually it happens when unit kills another unit, upon critical strikes and activating the dragon(that looks especially awful)...

It is most annoying just like it was in the original, it breaks the combat visuals, it doesn't look good, object that are in the way become invisible...it is awful and serves no purpose other than to ruin stuff...

Obviously if it is randomly activated it can be disabled, for example high speed combat doesn't have it, so how do you put that single feature of turning it off from high speed combat to normal speed?

Please can someone official respond to this, although they completely ignored it before...

Can this be done manually somewhere...the game would be much more enjoyable without it...

P.S.
Take notice that I posted several of this topics more than 6 months before Armored Princess was to be released, one would think they would fix this extremely simple and extremely annoying issue.

I don't get the attitude of this company, not a single person there ever read anything from the official forums?

Sortvind
11-28-2009, 01:13 AM
Never happens with me, camera only changes when i change it...
Weird, hope someone replies with a more informative answer.

Hento
11-28-2009, 05:26 AM
Never happens with me, camera only changes when i change it...

What are you talking about, how do you change the camera? I think you didn't understand anything being said, although that's a bit weird considering the link and all the precision in describing it...functional illiteracy may be the issue.

Hento
11-28-2009, 05:31 AM
Anyway, are any of the people who made this game reading the official forum of the game, ever?

Any response at all would be appreciated for this long standing, annoying and easily fixable issue...

Zechnophobe
11-28-2009, 06:58 AM
Turn animation speed to fast, and it doesn't do the close in thing at all. I think most people do this right away, which is why no one knows what you are talking about.

Zhuangzi
11-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Anyway, are any of the people who made this game reading the official forum of the game, ever?

Any response at all would be appreciated for this long standing, annoying and easily fixable issue...

You are rapidly becoming the most annoying person on this forum. Congratulations. ;)

Ryastar
11-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Personally, I like this feature...

Hento
11-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Turn animation speed to fast, and it doesn't do the close in thing at all.

FFS, why are people so lazy to not read and understand anything, link in the first post, and the text, ffs.

Zechnophobe
11-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Hento, brother, pal, amigo. That is the fix, if you for some reason don't like your game to run fast, than it isn't anyone else's fault that you don't use it. The animations are really long anyway, why are you in such a hurry to get past the camera zoom thing, but okay with waiting 10 seconds for each unit to make an attack?

You have your solution you can:

A) Change the animation speed like the rest of us and 'deal' with the fact it will now take you half the time to play through the game.

B) Not change the animation speed, and deal with the fact it does slow cinematic effects.

C) Teach your mother to program, so that you can whine to someone who may care enough to tailor all your gaming experiences to your every whim.

Good day to you sir.

Hento
11-29-2009, 06:09 AM
The animations are really long anyway, why are you in such a hurry to get past the camera zoom thing, but okay with waiting 10 seconds for each unit to make an attack?

Because it looks damn ugly and breaks the fluidity of combat, your point about long animations is completely pointless, if I am of that inpatient arcadey mindset I would play games on a cellphone, not King's Bounty.
Now let us review:

-there are 2 options for animation speed, normal and high
-normal contains those awful random "cinematics" that activate from time to time
-high doesn't contain those cinematics but it is much too fast and the sound is not frequently in sync with that speed
-obviously it would be a very simple easy thing to put a third option of "normal-no cinematics", or some other manual way that doesn't involve tampering with the interface options screen

No need for that idiotic argument "you program it yourself", because this would be trivial to them and not so for anyone else.

Tibster
11-29-2009, 06:14 AM
De gustibus non est disputandum.

Hento
11-29-2009, 08:21 AM
De gustibus non est disputandum.

Non sequitor much?

Hento
11-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Take notice that I posted several of this topics more than 6 months before Armored Princess was to be released, one would think they would fix this extremely simple and extremely annoying issue.

I don't get the attitude of this company, not a single person there ever read anything from the official forums?

Zhuangzi
11-29-2009, 09:43 AM
You are literally the only person who has a problem with the fast cinematics mode. Do you want a patch just for yourself? :confused:

Hento
11-29-2009, 10:08 AM
You are literally the only person who has a problem with the fast cinematics mode. Do you want a patch just for yourself? :confused:

Excuse me, but in the link of the opening post there is a quote from a person that hated it too, and that was one of many from the original topic, in fact I just reminded everyone that no on likes it, why are you being such a dishonest dumbass?

Metathron
11-29-2009, 11:24 AM
You are rapidly becoming the most annoying person on this forum. Congratulations. ;)

Seconded.

Ryastar
11-29-2009, 01:29 PM
As I have already posted in this thread, I kinda like this feature, so, Hento, you are proven wrong, not everyone hates it.

@ Tibster Latin FTW!

Hento
11-29-2009, 02:47 PM
As I have already posted in this thread, I kinda like this feature

What feature exactly, the one which breaks the visuals by unnecessarily zooming in too close, when units ghastly became invisible if they are in the way and so on?

Are you sure, because it seems to me that everything looks and feels better without this, I actually feel relief when it is not activated...

I think you are just trolling, or succumbing to mob mentality by faking it...

Tibster
11-29-2009, 02:58 PM
U do realize that u are now a runerup for megalomaniac/selfceneterd/powertrip of the year?
Keep it up and there will be no doubt of youre supremacy.

Hento
11-29-2009, 03:00 PM
I've been posting about this game-breaking stupid easily fixable issue for over 6 months, I'm not gonna stop...

Ryastar
11-29-2009, 03:04 PM
What feature exactly, the one which breaks the visuals by unnecessarily zooming in too close, when units ghastly became invisible if they are in the way and so on?

Are you sure, because it seems to me that everything looks and feels better without this, I actually feel relief when it is not activated...

I think you are just trolling, or succumbing to mob mentality by faking it...

Yes, I do like the feature that zooms in and gives you a close look when something epic happens (though occasionally the epic-ness falls flat ie. when the enemy crits for ~30 damage on my dragons, though that is still funny). I think it looks great. You have no power to tell me what my opinion is. As for mob mentality, what mob? So far, I'n the ONLY PERSON to specifically say that I like this.

And we all know that you are the troll here.

Tibster
11-29-2009, 03:06 PM
The poit is that some of us ( most ) can "endure" it.

Zechnophobe
11-29-2009, 09:17 PM
This is feeling like deja vu now. Some guy in the Dragon Age forum had a similarly petty request about the running animation of your companion characters (Apparantly the speed they ran at just completely ruined the immersion for him). And just like this guy, seems to think he is ENTITLED for someone else to fix it for him.

I just don't understand how anyone can be so selfish.

Hento
12-26-2009, 02:38 AM
What feature exactly, the one which breaks the visuals by unnecessarily zooming in too close, when units ghastly become invisible if they are in the way and so on?

Any progress on this getting fixed, it's so annoying when it breaks the visuals of the combat.

Zhuangzi
12-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Any progress on getting you to SFU? :rolleyes: