PDA

View Full Version : Need help with paladin

szenhidrat
11-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi!

I play on normal and have a level 11 paladin with 3500 leadership. I'm just leaving Debir(so i killed everything in Bola, Scarlet Wind and Debir). I can go to rusty Anchor or Verona. My problem is everything on both island is lethal, very strong an impossible. Not even an equal in strength. What am i doing wrong? Why is every enemy suddenly so hard?

In my army i use: yellow and black beholder, cyclops, archer and royal snake and i choose the yellow dragon(+2% critial hits).

DGDobrev
11-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Even though they look like this, you shoild try fighting a stack you can kill. Even lethal enemies aren't much of a problem generally, provided you have decent units. With your setup, you can easily kill any army, provided your sleep procs regularly.

Saridu
12-07-2009, 01:46 AM
You most probably over come that hurdle by now but I think all players will agree, the difficulty jumps through the roof once you finish the starter islands.

I take it you have spent some time collecting all the flags/chests you can find? You don't need to kite maps or anything just avoid enemies and quick save lost. After plundering Rusty - you won't be able to get away with too much there, depends on your setup but the merchant at the bottom right near the graveyard often has some nice stuff. Verona is next after the plundering it's time for a troop upgrade. Some players might disaggree but I reckon you will start to need the heavy guns around this point and Verona is the place to be. Assassins are quite common (You may wish to upgrade your king snakes, I did but found the assassins just spent the remainder of combat guarding my archers), you can also find paladins on a good day in the town square and Royal Griffins in the viking tents or the forest. If you are really lucky I have found Demonologists in the viking tents before. There are a lot of merchants so chances are you will find something good and some good spells.

If your army is good enough (but not good enough to take a Rusty map) there is another option. The bridge to Montero is actually pretty weakly guarded. You will have to get off at the Viking castle in Verona and stealth through the forest but it can be done. Once you've done the ninja thing the bridge is yours to take. It's usually a band of humans, some cavaliers and some lower level mobs but I haven't had a problem there before. Once the bridge is yours, you can go to the Love island (forgive the inaccurate description) she also sometimes has paladins to sell. Right now you can just walk into Montero - no map required! (for some reason the game always offers me as I come off the bridge a free map - to Montero - weird. Montero may have another map for you etc etc, also check the dungeons again looking for maps and plunder, my last game I found Umkas (not so great, little to be gained freely) and Shaterra - excellent map to get, lots of free stuff and some easy no combat quests as well - oh and demons ;-)

You may find yourself returing to Rusty with Red dragons or Tirexes :)

Zhuangzi
12-07-2009, 06:52 AM
You most probably over come that hurdle by now but I think all players will agree, the difficulty jumps through the roof once you finish the starter islands.

I take it you have spent some time collecting all the flags/chests you can find? You don't need to kite maps or anything just avoid enemies and quick save lost. After plundering Rusty - you won't be able to get away with too much there, depends on your setup but the merchant at the bottom right near the graveyard often has some nice stuff. Verona is next after the plundering it's time for a troop upgrade. Some players might disaggree but I reckon you will start to need the heavy guns around this point and Verona is the place to be. Assassins are quite common (You may wish to upgrade your king snakes, I did but found the assassins just spent the remainder of combat guarding my archers), you can also find paladins on a good day in the town square and Royal Griffins in the viking tents or the forest. If you are really lucky I have found Demonologists in the viking tents before. There are a lot of merchants so chances are you will find something good and some good spells.

If your army is good enough (but not good enough to take a Rusty map) there is another option. The bridge to Montero is actually pretty weakly guarded. You will have to get off at the Viking castle in Verona and stealth through the forest but it can be done. Once you've done the ninja thing the bridge is yours to take. It's usually a band of humans, some cavaliers and some lower level mobs but I haven't had a problem there before. Once the bridge is yours, you can go to the Love island (forgive the inaccurate description) she also sometimes has paladins to sell. Right now you can just walk into Montero - no map required! (for some reason the game always offers me as I come off the bridge a free map - to Montero - weird. Montero may have another map for you etc etc, also check the dungeons again looking for maps and plunder, my last game I found Umkas (not so great, little to be gained freely) and Shaterra - excellent map to get, lots of free stuff and some easy no combat quests as well - oh and demons ;-)

You may find yourself returing to Rusty with Red dragons or Tirexes :)

That's good advice. I found Rusty Anchor to be quite difficult overall, certainly much more challenging than Bolo. There is a hell of a lot of stuff you can steal in Verona and Montero if you have the inclination. I always play like this - stealing everything I can lay hands on and THEN fighting the battles. Once you complete the quest that gives you the flying horse (it's one of the castle attacks in Montero) this job becomes even easier. You can probably stealth your way through the whole game if you want. Shettera is especially good for plunder without the need for fighting. And by the time you come back from your travels, Rusty Anchor will seem much easier. :)