PDA

View Full Version : lvl 20 mage on normal stumped

arcainic
11-26-2009, 08:43 AM
so I've done all i can on verona, but the next island with the boss frog are all lethal, and the remaining very strong and lethals on verona stomp to death half my army before dying, what can i do?

I notice i can field a max of 19 griffons, i have around 5k leadership, while enemy stacks are like 60+....

I was using black dragon, demonologist, grand wizard, royal thorn, royal griffon, archers, switching between them, but i lose a lot of unit each battle, what gives? (so basically i've been doing fine up until now with no loss)

So basically a stack of 400+ imps fireballed me and all my softies (wizards and royal thorns) went pooft...

I'm at the point where my oiled fireballs does less damage than my 2x black dragon breath attack. I don't think i can proceed any longer, i can kill stronger stacks, but the very strong and lethal decimate me.

On a side note, what happens when i get the necromacer skull down to 0% enchant? it says i can use it to spawn a necromancer, what does that do?

Do warriors have the easiest time with this game?

Infiltrator
11-26-2009, 09:02 AM
5k leadership sounds very low for a lvl 20 mage.. are you sure you haven't picked up all the flags and got the leadership bonuses from quests etc?

travelingoz
11-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Yes warriors do seem to have it easier. Have you thought about casting Magic Shackles on the imps b4 they can get their fireballs away? You could also Phantom on your griffins and Target then fly them close enough that the Imps can attack them?
Distortion spells are just as important as Chaos spells if you're a mage.:grin:

Elwin
11-26-2009, 09:33 AM
you havent played the Legend? :p When skull goes down to 0% you cna change it to the most powerful artifact in game 5 int 5 atacks.
Wariiors is definetly easuer but your 5k LD with lvl 20 doesnt sound much imprresive i was like 7k i think

Sortvind
11-26-2009, 01:18 PM
5k leadership sounds very low for a lvl 20 mage.. are you sure you haven't picked up all the flags and got the leadership bonuses from quests etc?

I have only 3900 leadership, and i am at 22 or something like that.
Though, i have not upgraded the leadership skill that gives around 1000 all in all?

My best suggestion to you is steal, steal steal steal.
See if you can find some gold on the island, and run through it and pick it up, then go back and upgrade.
it is the best way to get through hard places.
with a full army at 5000 leadership with a mage, you should be able to take on that island =)

Misery
11-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Is the skull needed to be equip in order to fulfill the condition or can I just bag it and go on adventuring ?

DGDobrev
11-26-2009, 01:37 PM
It must be equipped. The necromancer's soul takes forever to dissipate - the counter drops randomly by 1%, 2% or 3% after each battle, so you can expect it to take about 50 battles, unless you're really lucky and manage to do it in 34.

arcainic
11-26-2009, 09:12 PM
It must be equipped. The necromancer's soul takes forever to dissipate - the counter drops randomly by 1%, 2% or 3% after each battle, so you can expect it to take about 50 battles, unless you're really lucky and manage to do it in 34.

I raided all the flags, got the 3rd gold medal for flawless victory thingy, i'm not sure what you mean about leadership from quest, all they give me is exp and gold.

I'm stuck!

although my problem is i probably leveled mana regen and transmutation too much...

Is the most damage from having telescope + +damage weap and bowman? They deal the most damage per leadership

DGDobrev
11-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Generally yes - telescope, arbator (+20% damage all archer-type units) and skeleton bowmen with dragon arrows may do quite some damage to a single stack. However, bowmen in the game are generally weak in the HP department and tend to die more often.

arcainic
11-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Generally yes - telescope, arbator (+20% damage all archer-type units) and skeleton bowmen with dragon arrows may do quite some damage to a single stack. However, bowmen in the game are generally weak in the HP department and tend to die more often.

do quests give leadership?

Elwin
11-26-2009, 09:52 PM
nope quest do not giveleadership

DGDobrev
11-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Well, some usable items from quests give leadership, but that is not the same at all.

N3MES1S
11-27-2009, 09:27 PM
U cant advance in the game with only 3800 leadership at level 20+, its just impossible. As a tip, i am level 16 and i have 4800 leadership. And i almost stucked cuz i have low money, and the only place i can go is verona and dursuf island, but all the enemies are very strong-lethal-invincible. And im afraid or fight again, cuz i only have 50k gold, and i lose almost 50% of my army every time on verona. The difficulty curve on levels 15+ is horrible. Armores princess lacks in more fair troops, its kinda pointless. So wat now?

arcainic
11-27-2009, 11:00 PM
lol you're not suppose to lose any army at all in battles, i ended up with like 300k+ gold on my mage at lvl 20, have nothing to spend it on T.T

whenever you die you get 500 gold from the king

N3MES1S
11-28-2009, 05:44 PM
lol you're not suppose to lose any army at all in battles, i ended up with like 300k+ gold on my mage at lvl 20, have nothing to spend it on T.T

whenever you die you get 500 gold from the king

Really? i didnt know that... lol. Come on, the 1st rule of this game is not having casualities, we all know that. And 300k is not too much, u will need a lot lot more on higher levels.