PDA

View Full Version : Take the Test at the beginning of the game...

Direwolf
11-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi All,

KBH made a comment in another thread that he didn't take the test at the start of the game. When he said that it made me think of all the folks that are posting that they are missing some basic spells. (Slow, trap etc)

Things to know when you take the test in the beginning:

You will get 3 spells...i actually got one really nice one which turns rage into mana

You will get three items...one starter sword, one starter shield and i got one nice pair of upgradeable boots.

You will get some XP.

You should definitely not forgo this stuff.

cheers,
DW

Urbz
11-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Good call, most people might think they can skip the "tutorial" since they know how the game works and/or just want to start the game properly and the introduction, but indeed it's well worth it.
I think the 3rd item ( the boots for you ) are a random item though, but still very nice ofcourse!
Also you miss out on 2 battles which dont just give exp but are usefull for several other things, like even more chests and other ways to gain some points for your medals, although maybe not everyone might care for this.

Cheers for the heads up though!

Kathos
11-24-2009, 10:42 PM
I always do the tutorial for the bonus starting stuff, I just don't have slow/trap. I had them in a couple other games I started up, but I don't on the main one I'm playing right now. The only spells I ever get in the tutorial area is guardian angel and precision, and nature's call from a dig.

Zechnophobe
11-24-2009, 10:48 PM
nature's call is a pretty awesome spell! Great way to 'plug' a whole as well as doing a bit of damage (a lot of damage with the right build). I keep having this idea to play a game using eggs, thorns, nature's call (drink a lot of coffee, you can 'cast' it a lot) and druids... and just spam the enemy with summons that your thorns can turn into MORE summons. FLOWER POWER!!!1

City Builder
11-25-2009, 02:36 AM
I played the tutorial (as I did in Legends), however I was hoping it would go into more detail, it was pretty basic stuff just like it was in Legends (in my opinion). On my new game I couldn't sit through the tutorial again so soon so I skipped it and forgo whatever I might have gotten. I don't regret it now as she's doing really well this game, seems she's had all the right luck this time through (so far anyway).

Meow
11-25-2009, 11:01 AM
I got the 13k dagger Shtopir from the tutorial in my current game. To think I almost skipped it...

Kathos
11-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Tutorial = 3 free artifacts (1 random), 2 free 'no loss' battles towards the medal, some basic spells you can sell (excess quantities over 1), and if you took the yellow dragon then something random from digging. Every dig is potentially magic crystals, runes, or spells. Always worth it, I would say its not worth skipping ever just spam click through all the talking crap but make sure you aren't hitting the wrong buttons!

Zechnophobe
11-25-2009, 10:34 PM
If you didn't know, by the way, the best way to 'no loss' these battles is disbanding all your non paladins. Then it is super easy.

N3MES1S
11-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Wat tutorial are u talking about?
I didnt see any tutorial, u mean the contract quest that the guard gives u?

bucazaurus
12-01-2009, 09:10 PM
I let all my starting troops in the castle before i take the tutorial .After i finish,the game will create a new starting army.This way i will have double the amount of troops to start with ,at zero cost.

Metathron
12-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Some troops they are...:-P

bucazaurus
12-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Is not the troops . Is the money you save in the beginning since you will have to buy troops anyway.

Metathron
12-02-2009, 01:19 AM
I never buy any of the troops I start with, because there are always better ones available.

billythegreat
12-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Is there a way to keep those 5 paladins from training? Cuz I dismissed all my troops except the paladins and at the finish line they vanish and my dismissed troop are magically back.

Metathron
12-02-2009, 10:39 AM
You can't keep them, your leadership doesn't allow it.