PDA

View Full Version : windows 7 64 bit games hang

ages_devil
11-24-2009, 07:12 PM
hi,
i just installed the game, it runs fine for about an hour or less, then suddenly the windows hang.
i restarted and tries again but the problem happens again.
i have windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
cpu : amd athlon 2 x2 240
video card: radeon 4670 1gb
ram: 2gb ddr3
mobo: msi 770-c45

so what might be the problem??
i know that some games don't run on windows 7 64 bit but is armored princess on of them??

iankhadan
11-24-2009, 10:56 PM
sounds more like you're having an overheating problem than a compatibility problem. if the game is already running for an hour you can be sure that it's not an issue with windows 7 64bit otherwise it might not run at all. download speedfan or something you can check your gfx card's temperature with, I only know about Nvidia tools, not sure what AMD uses to monitor that stuff. also, when it freezes, does the entire computer freeze or is it just king's bounty? meaning, can you just ctrl+alt+del and close out the crashed KB and go on about your business or do you have to restart your comp?

Mandea
11-25-2009, 07:50 AM
it's not the game, I have w7 x64 Ultimate and I have no problem. it's something with your hardware. maybe an overclocked graphic card or CPU?

ages_devil
11-25-2009, 09:41 AM
i dont think it's overheat.
i'm not overclocking anything right now, many other games runs fine without problems.
anyway, i tries running in compatability mode : windows vista sp2 and it runs fine till now without any problems, so i'll see if this will go on or what.