PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Paladin...best start ever...

Direwolf
11-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Talk about dumb luck...

Am playing as imp Pala and have at lvl 9 have zero losses to date...BUT here's what i have in my game:

Found Demonologists on the second island
Found the shield that gives dragons sailing around Verona after kiting the navi scroll.

So, this all happened at lvl 5...i had 1 black dragon, 1 red dragon, 1 emerald dragon, demonologists and mages.

All of a sudden impossible doesn't seem that, well...impossible :grin:

cheers,
DW

Urbz
11-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Whoa that's a sweet start indeed! :rolleyes:

DGDobrev
11-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Grats on the start. It is great indeed. Sometimes such strokes of luck do happen. For example, now in my impossible mage game, the very same shield was lying in a chest in Montero mines. Had I known that, I would have made a dragon army myself, but there is no way for anyone to know whwre the artifacts lie.

Now, if someone would create a mod that checks the save game and tells you where everything is will be most beneficial ;)

Urbz
11-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Now, if someone would create a mod that checks the save game and tells you where everything is will be most beneficial ;)

Naw, i'm loving the random-ness factor, eventhough it's very luck-based which is harsh. :rolleyes:

Direwolf
11-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Yeah, i've got to agree...while the randomness can be annoying i know for me at least it gives a tremendous amount of replayability to the game.

ALTHOUGH just thinking about it i would add in one caveat. When it comes to sets...the game should be built in a way that if one piece of a set is found in the gameworld then that should guarantee that the others are out there somewhere.

It almost makes sets irrelevant...i think ONE time in KBTL i made the ogre set...and that was after many, many, MANY replays. :grin:

cheers,
DW

Urbz
11-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Agreed Direwolf. I think I completed only 2 part sets like the vampire one and barrel/telescopic sight ones.

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-24-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm well and truly stuck and i'm slightly miffed that I have to restart now :(

Level 17 Paladin with access to Verona(has 2/3 maps) and Rusty Anchor (has 1 nav map)

14 Red Thorns
86 Griffins
92 Snakes
25 Mages
55 Inquisitors

16,714 A,D,M stats

All the maps are behind Lethal armies that can't be avoided. I have thought of everything but i'm giving up on this as it's ridiculous how hard the enemy armies are..I'm happy to take suggestions but I don't think that will help :(

EDIT

I didn't take the test at the start of the game and am now using Warrior and realise how stupid that decision was...

Zechnophobe
11-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Really, it all depends on the armies you are up against. Archmage + Griffon is a very solid combination. Do you have 'target' spell to focus fire on them? Bless them, target them, and defend the griffons, and they can dish up ridiculous damage for few losses. If you've got even a little resurrection this will be a hard to beat combination.

Otherwise try a Thorn train. If you can time it right, getting two stacks of summoned thorns to keep spawning each other when they die can hold off a single large stack of just about anything.

Kathos
11-27-2009, 01:48 AM
Not exactly paladin, and didn't feel like starting another thread. But I have so far had the absolute best start -EVER-, on an impossible mage. Certainly going to be going for no losses. Currently I have 4 battles done (2 in training, and the 2 devilfish super weak on Debir). I am just now level 6 (a tick away from 7) as I hit an 1800 exp shrine on Dersu. I have Ogre's, Shamans, Evil Beholders, Polar Bears, and Inquisitors (although those last 2 are old, from Debir/Bolo). Also found Demonologists on Dersu (have been hearing a lot of hype about them, I have never actually gotten by Bolo yet playing on my main Pally). I have 34k gold, a disgusting amount of runes spent (higher magic lvl 2!), trophies/glory, resistance, heroism bought from other tree's. Also just got access to Verona and Uzala (just got here, going to ninja some more stuff!). This is exciting as hell ^.^

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Not exactly paladin, and didn't feel like starting another thread. But I have so far had the absolute best start -EVER-, on an impossible mage. Certainly going to be going for no losses. Currently I have 4 battles done (2 in training, and the 2 devilfish super weak on Debir). I am just now level 6 (a tick away from 7) as I hit an 1800 exp shrine on Dersu. I have Ogre's, Shamans, Evil Beholders, Polar Bears, and Inquisitors (although those last 2 are old, from Debir/Bolo). Also found Demonologists on Dersu (have been hearing a lot of hype about them, I have never actually gotten by Bolo yet playing on my main Pally). I have 34k gold, a disgusting amount of runes spent (higher magic lvl 2!), trophies/glory, resistance, heroism bought from other tree's. Also just got access to Verona and Uzala (just got here, going to ninja some more stuff!). This is exciting as hell ^.^

I know what you mean :cool: