PDA

View Full Version : Game won't save

Emoteph
11-24-2009, 02:25 AM
The game doesn't save when i try to.
I've tried saving normally and using quicksave but nothing happens.
Doesn't return any error messages or anything and when i try to check for the game on the load screen there's no saves there.

Nike-it
11-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Where did you buy your game? Did you try to load any other saves, if you have any?
In the attachment you'll find our savegames. Please copy them to the savegame folder and try to load.
Also post your dxdiag in the attachment.
And if possible make a small movie or slideshow with saving the game, it will help us a lot.

Emoteph
11-24-2009, 11:26 AM
I bought the game through steam. I have no other savegames so there is none to try loading. I don't know where your savegames should be located for them to work so can't try loading the ones you included as your attachment. At least there's no savegame folder under the games main folder.
I also noticed that my changes on the options from normal to fast attack animations also had reset but I don't know if this is the norm or it simply won't accept changes there too.
I tried making a slideshow using printscreen but all that comes up in paint is black screens :\

Nike-it
11-24-2009, 11:29 AM
The saves should be placed here: My Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty: Armored Princess\$save
Or smth like this.

Emoteph
11-24-2009, 11:57 AM
There was no folder named Kings bounty: armored princess in the my games directory. I tried making one and copying the saved games over there but it wouldn't show ingame so might be wrong name :\

Tibster
11-24-2009, 12:11 PM
c:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Princes\$save

Emoteph
11-24-2009, 12:19 PM
c:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Princes\$save

I tried that and without any success, then i tried changing the folder to "Kings Bounty Princess" and suddenly it found the 2 savegames and also I can save my own games. Tried saving a couple of times and reentered game a few times to make sure it would work and looks good so far :)
So guess problem was when installing the game it wouldn't create the folder needed to save or record changes to options in.

Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated.