11-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Warrior, 22 lvl, over 9k leadership.

Army
-Paladin
-Knight
-Inquisitor
-Evil Beholder
-Royal Griffin

Now, everything was going almost smoothly, but when I arrived at Montero I got pissed. I engaged enemies that were "equal" or "slightly weaker" and couldn't win with no looses. In one fight with "weaker" I lost 7 beholders, 2 knights, 1 paladin and 1 or 2 other units-probably inquisitors(I mean all those units don't grow on trees). Enemy alchemists, cannoneers and all of the lizadr units are pissing me off. I'm lacking tactical mindset so I would like to ask for an advice how can I get things straight in Montero.

What more can I say? I have access to all demon units, most of the dwarfs(if not all), all human, a bunch of beasts(I can partially list them here if you need) and NO elven unist. Help would be much appreciated. Now it's sleep time in here, so I will check this topic tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Jesus, quite an essay...

DGDobrev
11-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Get the phantom spell, get mana accelerator to a decent level, phantom your paladins, replenish the mana with mana accelerator and rule :)

Getting down to the summoning skill in the mage tree helps a lot as well, as it boosts the number of paladins you get through phantom even if your intellect is low.

zyletak
11-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Worth a try, thanks. I already have phantom(23% on 1st lvl distortion with 10 intellect,for 2nd lvl it's 20 mana-almost my entire pool) and paladins are going down in an instant. It's sad because my mana accelerator is on the first level, but with my HUGE pool of 22 mana(15 for phantom...) it will help I suppose, so I can cast a haste or something. Ok, armored princess - starting now.

@DOWN

I'm keeping beholders for the mind control ability and they sometimes put enemies asleep which comes in handy(shame it doesn't work so frequent on units above 2nd lvl)
I don't have access to demonologists, but horseman are available.

Tibster
11-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Drop the Evil Beholder for some Demonologists
And u could use some horsmen for mobility.

travelingoz
11-24-2009, 12:57 PM
For Montero, where you usually have multiple stacks of the pesky little buggers, I think it's probably a good idea to invest in level 2 Distortion so you can cast Magic Shackles on the biggest stack of Alchemists while you use your pet dragon and troops to polish off the smaller stacks of Alchemists first. ;)

zyletak
11-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Mhm, alchemists are pissing me with their thrown potions, but lizard units are seriously irritating. For ex. brontos-I can live with their charge through whole map, but burrowing and attacking whoever they want(not to mention their increased defense) is unbearable. I'm loosing my mind when I fight them. The lizard mages(can't remember the name, G-something) with skill that your troop is getting double damage-wtf? Ugh, my weak nerves.

@DOWN

Of course I can dispel, it gets worse if there are 2 troops of Gorguanas and with my pool each spell(even for 5 mana) counts. Bah, I don't have the head to this. I've never been good if it comes to "advanced" planning of battle tactics.
Sadly, I haven't seen target anywhere ;<

PLUS - I've just unlocked Elon. Maybe some elven units would come in handy?
Level 24 now, 10,495 leadership.

DGDobrev
11-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Gorguanas. They have a seal of blood spell that forces the unit to take double damage. Simply dispel it :)

Bronthors - just remove the unit they can reach with the charge. If they burrow, target is the way to go, provided you have it.

zyletak
11-24-2009, 02:59 PM
I've edited last post, so read it as well if you're interested.

Ok, found Target in Elon. Let's see if it will help somewhat.
There's a VERY nice Dagger of Judgement(+20% critical chance-Jesus!) for 73k which I'm going to buy in a minute.

Emeralds! Mana leech would be nice, don't you think? Eventually Blackies as a tank, but only 4 of them with curret leadership ;<