PDA

View Full Version : No-Fight Quests

travelingoz
11-23-2009, 01:32 PM
If you don't mind a little sneaking early game, i thought i'd start this thread and list the quests that can be done without fighting early game. I haven't listed the rewards as these vary on each play through. Feel free to add to it if i've missed anything or ask questions if it's not clear....

Debir:
The fisherman needs a permit. You can just sail around in your boat.

Debir/Bolo
The boss guarding the amulet on Bolo that the Priestess on Debir wants for your first stone can be kited away easily.

Scarlet/Rusty Anchor
The shop on the right of the castle on Scarlet Island offers a quest. Dig up 2 chests and take them to another merchant on Rusty Anchor. (Don't forget to go back to the first shop again as his items/troops update after you've completed the quest.)

Rusty Anchor
The pirate on the beach needs help to find 4 bottles.

Verona/Debir
Sneak your way through to the NE corner of Verona and you can pick up the Debir King's wife.

Dersu/Tekron
The old lady at the first shop on Dersu needs some new glasses. You'll find these at the 2 shops together in the center of Tekron.

Tekron
Start the submarine. Go into the cave below the 2 shops in the center of Tekron. Work out how to start the submarine for an insane Exp boost.

Tekron
After you start the submarine, go around to the shop up the back and do the "Soap' quest for another big boost.

All the the above, except for the glasses in Dersu, can have you back in Debir by 11pm on Day 2. :-P
(I usually go to Scarlet Island, then Bolo, Verona, Rusty anchor, Tekron and then straight back to Debir.)

Elwin
11-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Great thing, i am looking forward for something like this. Hmm that wife on verona .. is frererick giving that quest ?? i do not remind such

and also there are some quest like bring me army or bring me spell scrolls , its much random but could be done without fighting tough..

travelingoz
11-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Yes, but the "bring the pirates" quest on Rusty Anchor is very time consuming so i left it out. The one on Umkas where the Owl wants a Necromancy scroll is also not no fight. When you return with the scroll he uses it to raises a massive undead army and ambushes you!

If you wanted to sneak through to Elona and Shettera, there are a couple more there but i thought i'd just stick to early game for now. :-P

Elwin
11-23-2009, 02:01 PM
As i said i just foulnd shetttera map for free on nameless .. actualy i move on whole that island like it wuold be unguarded :) so shettera quest i am interested

travelingoz
11-23-2009, 02:14 PM
There are two quests there i think Elwin. Look for the demon stuck in stone to the left/west of where you first arrive on the main island. Also a little further west, in the area where there are 3 shops, there is a "runaway slave" quest that can be done.

P.S. Where the 3 shops are, there is small space next to the northern most one that you can "hide" in and the roaming NPC boss can't get you! ;)

DGDobrev
11-23-2009, 04:04 PM
I can add a few more - provided you're willing to kite the map guards:

Debir - the strange fish - you can use the boat to travel to the fisherman, get a sample, return to the mage tower, and then back there with the boat.

Rusty anchor - if you can make your way to elon, you can take the potion for the tavern keeper. Don't forget to use it - +5 mana is nice.

Dersu - make a necklace for Gulhatai - starts from bagur, the orc near the giant frog. You can land close to him with your boat. The 5 necklace gems are on dersu and uzala islands.

Nameless - get a parcel back to Corvin the peasant on Verona.
Nameless - get the treasure in the graveyard on Scarlet Wind

Reha - do the quest to return Xar's memories. You can easily steal the grass of memories and evade the hero that guards it. The XP is wondrous, even for impossible.
Reha - the secrets of the temple - do the quest to discover what kind of potions do the priests use to boost their pets. Really nice XP.

Shatterra - the demon in the stone, Fasmodey (should have been Fasmodeus). Get a tongue for him and don't forget to use it when Mulcidar gives it to you. +1 intellect, and a pretty nice XP boost.

Elwin
11-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Can you elaborate more on debir kings wife? where does this quest start, from king or by finding her? i am on verona now i have clear like half of it diddnt see her yet.

travelingoz
11-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Elwin, the quest starts when you find the wife. She is right up the back of Verona, past the castle where the Earl? is imprisoned and the way through to Montero. Instead of turning left to go to Montero, continue straight down the path past the Knight's tent shop. You can sneak by the guard on the gate and there are 3 small houses and a castle in there. The king's wife is in the first house on the right.

Important: After you get her back to Debir, talk to her again and a "revenge" quest is generated. I forgot to do this time and went back to storm the castle but i couldn't. Now i'll have to make anextra trip back to Debir. :(

Elwin
11-24-2009, 12:47 PM
That place ... well on my game there are halt and azzy hero roaming there as well as many others ( i am aware of that such heores placement is random so not everyone will have them there).. thera re like 6-7 enemy stacks at one place crusiing there on my game .. sneaking there would be insane hard,but now i just killed them :P

travelingoz
11-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Yes. Sometimes you get 2 heroes roaming there but it can still be done. :grin:

N3MES1S
11-27-2009, 08:57 PM
We need more non-fighting quests, money is too low on this game sigh and u cant fight a troop very-strong losing 50% of your army and gaining less money that it cost to retroop.

Tibster
11-28-2009, 01:35 AM
The game is not at fault , but youre tactics , i play hard ( like may others ) and have never lost a fight i now have :119 fight no-loss ,1,6 mil gold , and 488 chests discocered .
If u are having trouble try a dificulty level that u can handle.

Omghalsasi
11-28-2009, 03:53 AM
can u plz tell me how to get on to rusty anchor?

Tibster
11-28-2009, 04:02 AM
U have to find the maps :
1 beat the guardian
2 lure the guardian away and take it before he returns

Omghalsasi
11-28-2009, 04:58 AM
try getting all the available chests by luring away(fooling) the enemies around it.for gaining experience,try beating the strong/very strong enemies then dont fight the very weak ones.

N3MES1S
11-28-2009, 04:33 PM
play hard ( like may others ) and have never lost a fight i now have :119 fight no-loss ,1,6 mil gold , and 488 chests discocered .

Yeah, and i play on impossible and i have 2000 no-loss and 5 mil gold..... o, and 1230 chests discovered... so... we are here asking for help, not for reading non-sense posts.

Urbz
11-28-2009, 05:22 PM
N3MES1S, He's not bragging so no need to act like this.
I think Tibster's advice is pretty valid, aswell as others who gave you alot of tips in other threads. If you still struggle maybe you should play the game on normal first.
I myself seemed to do fine on impossible but i didnt liked the kiting of map-guards too much for a first playthrough. so i'm playing on normal now so I dont have to and can just enjoy the game I should, at least when playing thought the game for the first time. Nothing wrong with that.

But to stay on topic; nice write-up on no-fight quest Travelingoz & DG, I think there are more then enough of them though else the game would become too easy.

Omghalsasi
11-29-2009, 04:06 AM
U have to find the maps :
1 beat the guardian
2 lure the guardian away and take it before he returns

Thanks!

travelingoz
11-29-2009, 04:43 AM
About 50% of the time, the Rusty Anchor map can be found lying out in the open on Bolo Island near the barbarian's wife's tent. Quick save and try to time the patrols and you should be able to grab it without too many problems.

N3MES1S
11-30-2009, 02:48 PM
N3MES1S, He's not bragging so no need to act like this.
I think Tibster's advice is pretty valid, aswell as others who gave you alot of tips in other threads. If you still struggle maybe you should play the game on normal first.
I myself seemed to do fine on impossible but i didnt liked the kiting of map-guards too much for a first playthrough. so i'm playing on normal now so I dont have to and can just enjoy the game I should, at least when playing thought the game for the first time. Nothing wrong with that.

But to stay on topic; nice write-up on no-fight quest Travelingoz & DG, I think there are more then enough of them though else the game would become too easy.

IM PLAYING on normal mode. But right now, i just started another game and now im level 24. As i noticed, the difficulty of the game changes random on every game. My previous game was just impossible, only "lethal" and "invincible" troops (only 1 or 2 "slighty weak" and all the others lethal and so on...) . With the new mage level 24, when i was on Verona it was too easy. So, the only thing i can say is that the game is a "bit" bugged on the difficult curve, cuz it seems that tne enemies appear most of the times with random leadership. I found with my level 16, for example on Verona something like 200 paladins, or 100 ogres, things like that. That didnt happen starting a new game O_o.

And for Tibster, as i said its impossible to reach 2 million gold on hard difficulty. So stop being so rude and come back to earth.

Tibster
11-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Dude my curent stats are :
Won fights no-losses:177
Chests : 702
Gold: 2422464
Now can u elaborate on how u came to make assumptions on other players game when u were not able to finish a "normal" ?

Could u at least use "I think" as oposed to "i know" .

How i did i get the money , i dont buy units , i sacrifice enemies.
Just 30 fights ago i bought 1 knight , and from that i sacrificed thill i have 90 in reserve in a castle in verona.

There are a lot of tricks to aply in this game and u are a beginer .
Dont talk in absoluts.

Elwin
11-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Nah the game is not that random .. i guess you had less leadership or higher difficulty or something you did not notice

DGDobrev
11-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Well, you can barely have to buy any units if you play properly and sacrifice for troops while digging for chests like crazy. For example, in my no-loss game, before the last boss battles, I had around 3.4 million gold - and that's keeping in mind I never deprived myself from items I saw in the shops, liked them and bought them. I spent almost 2.4 mil on runes to augment my char skills properly.

N3MES1S
12-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Dude my curent stats are :
Won fights no-losses:177
Chests : 702
Gold: 2422464
Now can u elaborate on how u came to make assumptions on other players game when u were not able to finish a "normal" ?

Could u at least use "I think" as oposed to "i know" .

How i did i get the money , i dont buy units , i sacrifice enemies.
Just 30 fights ago i bought 1 knight , and from that i sacrificed thill i have 90 in reserve in a castle in verona.

There are a lot of tricks to aply in this game and u are a beginer .
Dont talk in absoluts.

Nah, give me a screenshot so i can see that at level 20 u have 2+ mill gold. I dont think that is possible. And sorry for dissapointing u, but im not a beginner. And even with sacrifice, u cant carry 90 knights at levl 20 so wat u talking about?

And yes, the game is kinda random, u should not see on Verona troops with 200 paladins and 200 archmages (on the same army and im not talking about hero armys). That is totally unbalanced. I was level 20 and i barely reached 35 paladins... lol.

DGDobrev
12-02-2009, 02:38 PM
He's done 177 no-loss fights. This is usually achieved around lvl 35. He can't be lvl 20 with that much fights. What made you assume he did it at lvl 20? In my eyes, that's impossible as well. Around lvl 35 it is absolutely normal to have that much money in my opinion.

travelingoz
12-03-2009, 03:16 AM
"I am a real good chess player -.-. And i completed all the Heroes of might and magic sagas. Believe me, i know how to play tactics battles on king's bounty"

N3MES1S If your tactics are so great, why do you keep running out of money, paladins and royal snakes?
It's obvious from your previous posts, that you don't have a good idea yet about how to get the most tactically out of AP. So please stop being sarcastic and condescending towards those who's help you are asking for and who are clearly better players than you are. it really does make you look quite childish. ;)

Omghalsasi
12-04-2009, 01:03 PM
LOved the bottled conspiracy quest on rusty!its great that u can put a counterfeit map in one of his bottleand get the treasure map

Zhuangzi
12-08-2009, 05:21 AM
And for Tibster, as i said its impossible to reach 2 million gold on hard difficulty. So stop being so rude and come back to earth.

I finished on Impossible with between 2 and 3 million in the bank. Screens to prove this are on this page:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11120&page=9

Elwin
12-08-2009, 08:12 AM
NEmesis is troll, who dont believe in screenshots, screw him

The Rider
12-08-2009, 09:31 AM
I confirm what Zhuangzi says, I got 2.2 millions at the end on impossible and this was with this ring +5 intelligence and -30% gold after battles for almost half of the game, with 1 level of trophy

Elwin
12-08-2009, 09:33 AM
i ended with 2mil on hard, but i was buying runes so cuold be more

MaroonMaurader
01-16-2010, 08:18 PM
I managed to finish all of these quests in my game before I started fighting (after the tutorial fights, that is)...
traveler's diary 4590xp
starving dersu-kumata 3740xp
bagouri's love 3400xp
pirate treasure 3400xp
amulet of illumination 170xp
king's bride 935xp
swill antidote 4590xo
a message from shionis 7480xp
message from the dead 6800xp
demon in stone 6120xp
bottled conscience 382xp
contraband searcher 425xp
trading license 76xp

My game hadn't spawned a Tekron map except on Montero, so I was kind of stuck at that. If you also get a Tekron map, add the following...
submarine 3740xp
secret of the superlative soap 3060xp
treasures of the abyss 3060xp
glasses for old bobur 3060xp

I accidentally missed...
secrets of the temple 8500xp
mercenaries for sohaty 382xp

For a total of 63,910 experience available from quests without fighting at all.

I deliberately skipped...
Plight of the Slave, for 6800xp, because it requires you take a less-rewarding route than fighting Asklepy.
K'Sar's memory, for 8500xp, because it locks you out of the cave before you kill the hero, who is one of the most rewarding heroes in the game.

If you don't mind doing just one fight, to clear the bridge to Monteron (which can quite reasonably be done with just one troll if you're a careful mage), add the following quests as well...
falling star Je-Lo-Pi 3400xp
traveling for beer 765xp
the terrible study of necromancy 1870xp

It might be possible to do Treasure of Jack Albatross (for 6120xp), but I suspect for some bizarre reason The Statue of the Dark Warrior is a prerequisite quest (I can't imagine why I didn't get it earlier otherwise).

Zechnophobe
01-16-2010, 09:42 PM
The quest in Montero to get the parts (Gears and Cranks, or something) can also be done in montero without combat).

Metathron
02-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Tekron
Start the submarine. Go into the cave below the 2 shops in the center of Tekron. Work out how to start the submarine for an insane Exp boost.

Tekron
After you start the submarine, go around to the shop up the back and do the "Soap' quest for another big boost.

How does one start the submarine?? I don't care about paying the 30,000 but I would like to get the experience.

EDIT: Well, I did it. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I think I flipped down the switch for the periscope, put the engine into idle, and tinkered with the ballast thingy, where I decreased both values to zero.

pavned
02-12-2010, 03:06 PM
@MaroonMaurader

How do you get the map to verona without a fight? I think there's 2 places you can get it, Bola and Scarlett Wind.

On Scarlett Wind, the guard (Archmage) who'S guarding just won't move. He's in the corner where there's a pond and Cruel Roland (or whatever his name is) the Hero you got a contract on from the Pirate lady chief. Very tough to get to move him since he's literally in a corner.

On Bola, same thing, the guard (huge stack of 150 ancient bears) just won't move. He's in a little place by the pass in the mountains between the 2 shores you can anchor your ship.

Would really appreciate a tip.

MaroonMaurader
02-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't remember precisely where I got my Verona map at this point, so I'll give you the following:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11404 is talking about kiting the specific spot on Bolo I think you're referring to. The consensus seems to be try elsewhere if you can.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=126749 has suggestions in general on where you can get maps successfully.

And as far as kiting in general, I recommend running in-and-out progressively closer until you draw the attention of the guard; once he reacts pause the game, and tell Amelie to only move away a little distance. Now you're just moving out by small increments, and I do recommend pausing in between each step. If you're really having trouble and really want a map without fighting, you can save and load in the middle of attempting to kite, which takes most of the challenge away.

travelingoz
02-13-2010, 05:48 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=137749#post137749

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11826

BB Shockwave
11-20-2014, 07:45 PM
It might be possible to do Treasure of Jack Albatross (for 6120xp), but I suspect for some bizarre reason The Statue of the Dark Warrior is a prerequisite quest (I can't imagine why I didn't get it earlier otherwise).

Quick question for the latter - can you actually open the chest of Jack Albatross yourself? Or maybe you need to complete the statue first and he can help?