PDA

View Full Version : Having a weird problem...

Direwolf
11-23-2009, 02:18 AM
So, I have AP installed on both my laptop and my desktop. The game works fine on my laptop and did work fine on my desktop at first...it's now developed a weird problem...

The characters on the adventure map seem to be moving in slow motion. Game loads fine, everything seems ok until it loads and then i can actually see every mouse click on the adventure map as a blue arrow.

Any thoughts?

Also, if i have to uninstall and re-install how do i do so? Do i start the DL client? Pls advise.

thx,
DW

p.s. Playing as impossible mage...so far doing ok have got to Veron taken some minor losses here and there...can't see any way to do this with zero losses.

Nike-it
11-23-2009, 06:38 AM
So, I have AP installed on both my laptop and my desktop. The game works fine on my laptop and did work fine on my desktop at first...it's now developed a weird problem...

The characters on the adventure map seem to be moving in slow motion. Game loads fine, everything seems ok until it loads and then i can actually see every mouse click on the adventure map as a blue arrow.

Any thoughts?

Also, if i have to uninstall and re-install how do i do so? Do i start the DL client? Pls advise.

thx,
DW

p.s. Playing as impossible mage...so far doing ok have got to Veron taken some minor losses here and there...can't see any way to do this with zero losses.

Please post the detailed system specs of your PC

cicobuff
11-23-2009, 06:46 AM
I had the same problem occuring. Turns out that my Steam client was doing an update of a game.

Check that your Antivirus or whatever is not eating up CPU time.

Elwin
11-23-2009, 08:11 AM
Had same yesterday ... reason was Win7 doing backup copy ...

Direwolf
11-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey all,

Thanks for the prompt response...

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the problem...I did the following:

- Disconnected from the internet (to make sure there wasn't anything backing up in the background)
- pressed ctrl/alt/delete and checked to make sure there were no applications running.

THEN started AP...same problem...very slow animations.

Any other thoughts?

Also, can i re-install with re-dl from gamers gate...if i do un-install do i just re-run the DL client and that should start the install process?

cheers,
DW

p.s. sorry for posting this in the general forum thanks to whoever moved it here.

Elwin
11-23-2009, 05:47 PM
No problem, the subforum were created today so this one didnt exist when you posted it