PDA

View Full Version : Armored Princess direct 3d error please help me !!! thanks

OBi
11-22-2009, 10:39 PM
hi i have a problem with armored princess when start the game i have an error application aborted c:\work\skyfallen\tbm\bmrender\rmode.cpp(1633):dir ectx call failed -1,-1,E_FAIL (an undetermined error occurred inside the direct3D subsystem) i hope someone could help me thanks!!!!

Nike-it
11-23-2009, 06:35 AM
hi i have a problem with armored princess when start the game i have an error application aborted c:\work\skyfallen\tbm\bmrender\rmode.cpp(1633):dir ectx call failed -1,-1,E_FAIL (an undetermined error occurred inside the direct3D subsystem) i hope someone could help me thanks!!!!

Just install recent DirectX and it should help.

SnakeAes
12-03-2009, 11:18 AM
I am also having this issue. My DirectX and graphics card drivers are up to date.

Nike-it
12-03-2009, 11:20 AM
I am also having this issue. My DirectX and graphics card drivers are up to date.

Send dxdiag report to our support team (support@1cpublishing.eu). But this is 100% problem of the drivers.

SnakeAes
12-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I sent an email to the support line you provided. When can I expect a response?

Also... How can it be the drivers if my drivers are up to date?

Nike-it
12-03-2009, 11:36 AM
I sent an email to the support line you provided. When can I expect a response?

Also... How can it be the drivers if my drivers are up to date?

Some driver files may be corrupted or smth like that. Can't say for sure. Support should help.

asif105878
12-03-2009, 04:43 PM
if I try to rotate the camera or in the cutscene that plays when the princess enters the portal at the beginning of the game the game crashes to the desktop in windows 7 x64 and I receive the following error message

C:\work\skyfallen\tbm\BMRender\rmode.cpp(5534): Directx call failed: -1,-1,E_FAIL (an undetermined error occurred inside the direct3D subsystem)

I'm using updated drivers for my graphics card (Geforce 8500GT, driver version 195.62) and directx is also updated (from the game disk).

Funny thing is, the problem does not occur in Windows Xp x86. I'm also using updated drivers (195.62) & directx there.

SnakeAes
12-03-2009, 08:06 PM
if I try to rotate the camera or in the cutscene that plays when the princess enters the portal at the beginning of the game the game crashes to the desktop in windows 7 x64 and I receive the following error message

C:\work\skyfallen\tbm\BMRender\rmode.cpp(5534): Directx call failed: -1,-1,E_FAIL (an undetermined error occurred inside the direct3D subsystem)

I'm using updated drivers for my graphics card (Geforce 8500GT, driver version 195.62) and directx is also updated (from the game disk).

Funny thing is, the problem does not occur in Windows Xp x86. I'm also using updated drivers (195.62) & directx there.

I was experiencing the same problem. Changing my game resolution helped a little, but only barely (changed from 1280x1024 to 1152x864 or something like that). The game still crashes every now and then when I rotate the camera, so I have to save pretty much every five seconds.

Seth2208
12-04-2009, 12:42 PM
I had same problem, and just found fix for it, if I turn off Anti-Aliasing, then I can travel through portal and play without getting error. All other settings I have on highest.

If that doesn't work, then put everything to lowest or off, to get through, once you are on other side, you can set them back up, but game will still crash, so do not forget to save after you do something.

Sten7981
12-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Hi guys

I am dual booting with XP Sp3 and Win7 Ultimate
In XP i can turn on Anti-Aliasing without a problem
But in Win 7 it's always giving me the same Crash, so it's totally drivers problems :)

seattle82m
12-12-2009, 07:04 PM
I created the account just to share how to fix the problem :)

The error that I got was:

The problem appeared after I updated my nvidia drivers (to the newest 195.62 version). The game would not even start. To fix that I deleted the game.ini file located in
C:\Users\(your user name)\Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Princess

I was able to start the game but it would crash when rotating camera and give me the DirectX error.

To fix it, simply roll back to the previous drivers or install alternative drivers ( I use a laptop and got mine from http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com )
After installing an old driver (180.43) the game is working witout a problem. I should be done playing with the game in a couple of weeks and I will update the drivers then. :)

Hope it helps.

PS: oh and don't bother reinstalling DirectX. I did it three times, it will not fix the problem. :)

Elwin
12-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Very nice that you shared this with us

Seth2208
12-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Nice solution, but I ask is Anti-Aliasing really wroth all problems... I mean rolling back drivers can cause problems in other games... for example, I can not play Borderlands with older drivers. But if you just turn Anti-Aliasing off, all problems gone... and I can live without Anti-Aliasing. And I use nVidia drivers version 195.62 and Windows 7 x64 combo, works without Anti-Aliasing, no errors, no crashes, playing since my first post.

seattle82m
12-16-2009, 05:00 AM
Yeah, I mean, if you're ok with playing without Anti-Aliasing then sure, you can turn it off. For me, the game is sooo cool that I didn't want to lose any visual effects. Also, I always only play one game at the time so rolling back to older drivers was not a problem. (However, I agree that going back and forth with drivers is not recommended, but come on, for King's Bounty? I'll take my chances :) )

I hope we get a patch soon!

Elwin
12-16-2009, 06:02 PM
I dont see a ponit for a patch to game - its not bugged. The drivers are bugged

chouka
12-20-2009, 04:40 PM
I too ave this problem I agree it might be driver related but guess what If there is no patch or driver fix... I will never buy another game from this company. I dont care who is a fault, the fact is I'm the consumer and I expect what I buy to work. I tried rmoving antialisaing and that was a no go, the problem is still there. I am not ready to roll back my drivers so This game for me is a dud. I realize the problem is only with win 7 Nvidia drivers but that to me means that the game producer should stand up and contact nvidia and try to either get the drivers fixed or to figure out what part of their code need patching to prevent this error. The arrogance of saying:" this is deriver error and not our problem is insulting at best.

Elwin
12-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Thats my personal statement not company one. I dont se a point to blame company the game was working fine al mthe time until nvidia fked up something with drivers .. so it cant be developers fault ..

xabbott
12-25-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm using Win7x64, 4GB ram, GTX 275 (1680x1050), driver version: 195.62

C:\work\skyfallen\tbm\BMRender\rmode.cpp(5509): DirectX call failed: -1, -1, E_FAIL (An undetermined error occurred inside the Direct3D subsystem) (img (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49337/steam/kingbounty2.JPG))

So turning off AA didn't seem to help. Only way for Windows 7 users to get this running is driver rollbacks?

geldonyetich
12-25-2009, 10:17 PM
I can confirm that it seems that version 195.62 of the NVIDIA Windows 7 32-bit drivers are a cause of the trouble. When I downgraded to 185.85 I was able to run the game fine, but 195.62 crashes before reaching the the main menu but after the initial splash videos with an error message like the one you can see in the original post.

This is when attempting to start the King's Bounty: Armored Princess demo, I can only assume full retail has the same problem.

These previously selected solution of deleting game.ini does not apply because I had no such file. (Probably because I had yet to run the game successfully prior to downgrading my drivers.)

Elwin
12-25-2009, 10:21 PM
I heard Nvidia said the problem is fixed with newest beta .. cant be sure tough. I am fine with my 191.07

xabbott
12-25-2009, 11:03 PM
I heard Nvidia said the problem is fixed with newest beta .. cant be sure tough. I am fine with my 191.07

I tried the beta, still had the error.

I went back to 185.85 and the problem seems to be gone. In the end it wasn't too bad because my performance went up across the board and my flat panel scaling options work again. Yay.

Hopefully Nvidia/1C get it all sorted eventually though.

geldonyetich
12-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Judging by this thread (http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=152798) on the official NVIDIA boards, the same problem exists on King's Bounty: The Legend as well. Same solution, roll back to pre-current NVIDIA drivers.

idontlikestaem
12-26-2009, 09:38 AM
I had the exact same error message but have an ATI 4870, so I didn't think it was the drivers.

Fixed it by:
- installing the demo
- tried running the demo and got same error :-(
- went into the demo\game config file and set the screen resolution to my default (x-1920 y-1080).
- the demo started working!
- this created and .ini file for the demo.
- went into the users\yourname\ documents\games\kb demo folder and found the .ini file.
- copied this into the full game's \documents\games\armored princess folder.

The full game started :-)

Hope this helps some people.

fengjingyu
01-01-2010, 04:51 PM
I also use the newest nvidia driver 195.81 and got the problem.
My solusion.
When the anti-aliasing option is off:
find "game directory"\data\dafault.ini文件:
find "antialiasing"
change the following lines to:

##################### antialiasing
# antialiasing enable (0 - none, 2 - hardware)
setf ~r_fsaa 0
# render buffer size factor
setf ~r_fsaa_h_sample 2.0
setf ~r_fsaa_v_sample 2.0

When the anti-aliasing option is on:
change the lines in default.ini to:

setf ~r_fsaa 0
setf ~r_fsaa_h_sample 0
setf ~r_fsaa_v_sample 0
Then enter the game, and you may find the screen is black. However, you can see the option.
Then go to option to turn off the antialiasing. Exit the game.
Then go to default.ini and change the lines back to:

setf ~r_fsaa 0
setf ~r_fsaa_h_sample 2.0
setf ~r_fsaa_v_sample 2.0

Enter the game again and every thing is OK.

Akkim
01-09-2010, 04:46 PM
I will continue to check into my solution - but as of the moment, what I believe appears to be part of the problem is that the various .INI files are not writable with the default permissions provided as part of the Demo Installation package.

After deleting the game.ini file found in c:\users\<username>\my documents\my games\Kings Bounty Princess Demo, I had been attempting to tweak with game.ini in C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Company\King's Bounty. Armored Princess Demo\data.

That's when I found the files were all set to Read Only in Windows. I adjusted that to allow me to modify those files.. after that I was able to adjust the settings and make changes that actually showed up in the USERS game.ini.

So from what I've found, it might be possible this is a problem (since it spans both ATI and nVIDIA users) that is attributed to the Demo's behavior under Windows 7 x64 versions and file permissions not being properly set?

EDIT :: Nevermind, Still Crashing.

Things I have attempted to prevent the Demo from Crashing ::
-- I have uninstalled / reinstalled the demo
-- I have redownloaded the demo from Impulse
-- I have tried BETA Drivers, I have tried CURRENT drivers, I have tried OLDER drivers (I have a nVIDIA GX260).
-- I have been renaming the game.ini in my My Documents location and the game will load up again.

Right now I have it running, will see how long this lasts.. but it's definitely not something I feel is "stable"

Nevermind, as soon as the character creation is complete, the loading screen finishes.. I get sliver of some kind of game display and then it crashed.

As has been posted by many people the text of the error ::

Application aborted!
C:\work\skyfallen\BMRender\rmode.cpp(5509): DirectX call failed: -1, -1, E_FAIL (an undetermined error occurred inside the Direct3D subsystem)

--Micah

evilbob
01-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Same boat as you guys. Crashed every few minutes when panning the camera in world view with that annoying direct x error in windows 7. Oddly enough putting the game in windows xp sp3 mode made the game playable with a lot fewer crashes however, i'm now taking the boat to verona and getting the error instantly upon arrival in the first second of the loading video for the island.

Really wish someone would patch this game, even unofficially.

Kings Bounty Hunter
02-03-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm having the same problem in KBTL on my mage impossible campaigh, so bloody annoying.

I'm not rolling back my graphic drivers ffs :grin:

bug
02-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I had the same problem. 195.xx and 196.xx drivers from nvidia are bugged. 191.xx are working fine, seems to be the latest working driver.

Breadfan
02-12-2010, 06:02 PM
As explained in other similar posts, this problem is rooted in the `optional` Windows updates that get installed.
Every time Micro$oft include a driver in these, it plays havoc with the `event handlers` within DirectX (those files with names like FILE.cpp).
The only sure way to fix this, is to download the latest NVidia/ATI drivers from NVidia/ATI, then you have to reinstall DirectX to get things back on track.

Personally, I turn off `optional` Windoze updates, they create too many problems, busting things that already worked.