PDA

View Full Version : Sea Dogs "nimble" ability

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-22-2009, 01:33 PM
For goodness sake guys 20% more like 50% in my game. I'm only at Bolo island and every other bloody attack is avoided :mad:

DGDobrev
11-22-2009, 01:55 PM
I totally agree with that :) Especially on impossible, these guys give me bonkers. They evade (almost) every second hit.

Well, generally, even with 20% that is plausible, because that's 20% for each hit UNLESS they evaded the previous hit. Although I must say that I have seen enemies avoiding 2 consecutive hits... But that was a rare occasion.

Elwin
11-22-2009, 01:56 PM
yeah its really annoying

Kings Bounty Hunter
11-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Really getting on my nerves when they dodge 50% of the attacks.

Please sort this out guys in the next patch, silly idea.

DGDobrev
11-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Well, wait till you get to the Demonesses and the Dryads. They evade the blows of all male units with 30% probability (the sea dogs had 20%), meaning you will see this rather often.

In a way, it will be fun to make a party consisting of units that evade attacks. This way you will turn that disadvantage into your own advantage.

Zechnophobe
11-25-2009, 12:15 AM
You think that's rough, trying killing ancient vampires in vampire mode when you have the paladin armor bearer. Almost impossible to hit with normal attacks!

N3MES1S
11-26-2009, 11:22 PM
I have sea dogs on my army (they are really resourceful) and i am too happy when they avoid a lot of attacks -.-, but i hate it when i need to fight sea dogs. LOL. But i agree its funny, i hope next patch will fix it. But i noticed, swordman as well avoid a lot of attacks, is this made on purpose or wtf?

DGDobrev
11-26-2009, 11:33 PM
All of this is made on purpose.

Such issues have been already fixed in one of the russian patches some months ago. Since the chance is 20-30% to evade EVERY attack (not 1 in 3 or 1 in 5), sometimes it used to proc way too often. So, like we have it here, they made it that if the unit evades the previous attack, it will always be hit by the next one, including retaliations.

The Guardsmen evade 30% of the attacks when they lose part of their troop. Others, like sea dogs, have it built-in. Dryads and Demonesses only evade against male chars.

So, yes, everything is on purpose. Besides, you can always make use of the evasion and laugh at the stupid swinging enemies who hit for nothing :)

Hento
11-27-2009, 05:54 AM
For goodness sake guys 20% more like 50% in my game. I'm only at Bolo island and every other bloody attack is avoided :mad:

Same here, it's definitely more than 50% chance....the most annoying unit ever!

Zechnophobe
11-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Well, the problem is that people don't like 'random' as much as we think. Because everyone once in a while something unlikely happens, like 3 dodges in a row, and we get teh angries.

Infiltrator
11-27-2009, 07:56 AM
I have to say I made a BIG grin when I crossed my fingers and made my succubi eat up a HUGE orc stack's retaliation for free though.