PDA

View Full Version : d3dx9_33.dll missing

robertjan88
11-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I installed the demo of KB AP today but the game keeps saying that d3dx9_33.dll is missing. I restarted my pc a couple of times, tried to install dx9 drivers again, downloaded a registry fixer (registry booster) and even downloaded the dll file and placed it in the system32 folder (c:windows/sys32) but I still get the message...Is there something wrong with the demo or is there another solution?

My specs:

Athlon 2 X4 620 (4x2,6 GHZ)
8Gb ddr800
Nvidea gt120 with 1 gb ddr (its the same as a 9500gt nvidea just with 1 gb)
Win 7 64 bit (Home Premium).

Hope someone has the solution to get the demo working :S

Hattrickkyle
11-15-2009, 05:22 PM
I had that error this morning until I installed all possible directx9, etc stuff. However, I've had a new problem with DirectX, so I'm not sure what's going on. You're not the only one struggling with this too. Hopefully someone can help us.

markgil
11-15-2009, 06:17 PM
download the missing .dll file from here http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_33 & put it in the Windows\system32 or 64 folder. not sure how the file structure is for W7 because i have XP.

the same thing happened with KB-TL & this solved it for me.

Elwin
11-15-2009, 06:24 PM
and why dx9 on win7 ? o.o it has even dx11

Hattrickkyle
11-15-2009, 08:28 PM
I posted this in another post, but I think this is the more appropriate place to post my question for help:

Hi, I'm new to the forum but am extremely excited about the game. KB The Legend was one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played on my PC, and I'm a longtime fan of the series (as well as HoMM, etc) but I am having technical difficulty with the Armored Princess Demo. Specifically, I am getting the following error:

C:\work\skyfallen\tbm\BMRender\rmode.cpp(1645): DirectX call failed: -1, -1, D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE (This device does not support the queried technique)

I saw that this was an issue in KB The Legend, but I have already installed the latest DirectX for XP, and even tried re-instaling the game. I had no trouble playing The Legend on this same computer, but I did recently re-install windows and the same drivers, etc. Am I missing something? Are the requirements for Armored Princess higher than for The Legend? They look like the same graphic dynamics so I'd be surprised. Thank you greatly for the help... as you can imagine I'm very anxious to try the game out!!

Mandea
11-16-2009, 07:45 AM
and why dx9 on win7 ? o.o it has even dx11

yes, it does have dx11, but it doesn't have dx9.0c. I don't know why, I thought one includes the other. I too had this problem with dx9 games, so I installed manually dx9.0c and no problem ever since.

that .dll is a dx9.0c file.

Chefman
12-04-2009, 01:37 AM
I have a new system and my card/system is set with DX11. I can't play this game because of the direct x 9 file that is missing. Can I just add *that* file alone? I am not going to go backwards and put dx9 on my system when it's blazing with dx11. Just want to make sure that one dx9 file will not screw things up with 11.

Thanks

Elwin
12-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Windows 7 require updating dirextx to play games, you do not go backwards

Chefman
12-06-2009, 03:08 AM
Thank you. :) Just wanted to make sure.

JeanAHough
06-28-2011, 08:28 PM
I installed the demo of KB AP today but the game keeps saying that d3dx9_33.dll is missing. I restarted my pc a couple of times, tried to install dx9 drivers again, downloaded a registry fixer (registry booster) and even downloaded the dll file and placed it in the system32 folder (c:windows/sys32) but I still get the message...Is there something wrong with the demo or is there another solution?

My specs:

Athlon 2 X4 620 (4x2,6 GHZ)
8Gb ddr800
Nvidea gt120 with 1 gb ddr (its the same as a 9500gt nvidea just with 1 gb)
Win 7 64 bit (Home Premium).

Hope someone has the solution to get the demo working :S

Hello robert,

here is the d3dx9_33.dll : http://www.d3dx9.net/download-missing-d3dx9_33-dll/…download it and then extract the downloaded zip file to the system32 folder which is located in windows folder (that is located in your main drive which contains the installed windows)

alacemessi04
01-09-2012, 08:25 AM
If your d3dx9.dll is missing then either you should download this dll file from a safe site. Or you can switch to the complete and automated dll cure (http://www.dllcure.org) application. The tool easily fix all dll related issues in few clicks.