PDA

View Full Version : Game go impossible after migrating from first island!

Ahmadi
11-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi
After playing about 1 hour.
And after that my hero is in level 4, when i go to another island(wild scarlet) all of enemies are very very stronger than me !! for example i have 7 snakes and my enemy have 302 snakes!!!
I think its a bug in KB:AP. Its just about ~1 hour that im playing the game.
After installing patch 1.2, also no change happens.
How can i continue the game!?!? my leadership in end of game allow me that i control 302 snakes! not in first of game.
Notes :
1.Im not newbie in kings bounty, i finished the previus version of the game successfuly and i fully know rules of the game.
2.Caption of enemies in all of islands is "Impossible!!!".
3.For continuing the game i must go to another island and all of quest in first island has been finished!

Thank you for any help.
H.Ahmadi

DGDobrev
11-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Well, actually it is not a bug. If you are referring to the groups of enemies that are protecting the maps, they are supposed to be much, much harder to kill and may give you bonkers until you find a way to defeat them - especially if you're trying to do it without losses, like myself (at least till I get 50 no-loss battles).

What I can propose is to clear out everything else on the island but the map defenders, go to the next island (Bolo) and try to kill something there, gain a few levels, probably re-make the army and try again.

If you're playing a mage on impossible, you should also be aware that she has the hardest and the most challenging start of the game.

EDIT: I have discovered that especially on impossible, having extra leadership is extremely important in the beginning. When making the game, try to get a few + leadership items at start. There is also a chance you will get a simple +100 leadership belt in the training battles. I consider it a good start of the game if I find the marshal's batton on of the first island and the +100 leadership belt in the training battles, because I know that I can afford it (8000 gold) with any char after I've cleared out most of the island.

On lower difficulties, you can do with pretty much everything, but impossible provides a bigger challenge and one must adequately prepare for it.

Ahmadi
11-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Thank you for your notes.
Im playing game with Mage hero and in hard difficulty.
However enemy strong growing is not linear and jumped from 17 snakes to 302 snakes!

travelingoz
11-04-2009, 02:22 PM
If you are playing mage, then you're going to need to do some "sneaking" around first. At least until your intellect is higher and your spells can make up for your low leadership.

After you get to the Scarlet island do what you can there, dodge the enemy patrols and pick up all the leadership flags. Also visit the small shop on the right of the castle. The quest from there will give you a map to find 2 chests. You can get these without fighting if you're fast.

Then go to Bolo island. If you sail west to the smaller port, quicksave and time your run well, you can run in and grab the map for the Anchor island. Once you have it, travel to the Anchor and you can complete the chest quest to the right of where you first arrive for a good EXP boost. You can also see the pirate on the beach to the left of the start area and do his quest to find the bottles. You will get a big EXP boost and a random artifact. There are also some flags here you can grab if you dodge the patrols.

Then you should have enough leadership and runes to do most of the battles on Scarlet and Bolo and you should be ok after that. :cool:

DGDobrev
11-04-2009, 04:33 PM
I think Ahmadi is also going for a good result, this is why he's doing island after island. His entire post suggests that. As such, traveling back and forth will seriously harm the score.

To save yourself from the multiple travels, you can try to force the Gromozeka hero on the bolo island away from the chest he's guarding. Since this is a quest monster, it will follow you. Have him go far from the chest then dash to take it. Inside is the Amulet that is required to obtain to get the second Stone of Gods. With each stone, the units in Debir (King Friedrich's island) will grow better and better. At least that can save you some mindless travels from island to island.

I'm saying this for a fact, because Im doing an impossible game with a Paladin, testing how quickly I can get lvl 3 learning (together with the +XP items, thus checking out how quickly I can level up) and lvl 3 Resurrection skill and use scapegoats. In my game so far I have really awful army setup on the Debir (few inquisitors), Scarlet Wind (no knights, no paladins, only 4 archmagi) and Bolo islands (2 measly Royal griffins and Cyclopses), and nothing better on the Rusty Anchor island. This can make your game very, very hard. Probably Ahmadi is having the same problem.

Still, once should never give up, there is always a way out!

Ahmadi
11-04-2009, 05:20 PM
After you get to the Scarlet island do what you can there, dodge the enemy patrols and pick up all the leadership flags. Also visit the small shop on the right of the castle. The quest from there will give you a map to find 2 chests. You can get these without fighting if you're fast.

I did it but also i need more stronge because enemies are stronger!

foolstone
11-04-2009, 05:26 PM
sneak& pick the maps, go to other island and pick up more powerful creatures, buy more powerful items.

DGDobrev
11-04-2009, 08:29 PM
I wonder how do you manage to pick the maps. Since patch 1.1 all the map guardians are immobile, and if they move by chance, they stop after a few squares and quickly return to their starting position.

EDIT: Interesting. I just managed to kite away the army guarding the Verona map on the Scarlet Wind island. One doesn't really need to kite them far - just a little, in order to sneak beside them and take the map. Weird. This is the only map guard enemy that allowed me to kite them. Bug?! Intentional, so that the player can get the map through skill and stealth?

In addition to that, on impossible, one must save money like crazy in the beginning and spend it only on the most important items - items that he/she will use for quite a while. There is no point in spending 10k on a +1def/+200 leadership helm if you're going to drop it after a few levels because you found a better one.

I strongly suggest tricking the Gromozeka, taking the amulet and going back to Debir. Doing that has a chance of spawning Paladins in the Mage tower. I know what you're going through, cause I have the same problem. I've cleaned up most of the starting islands by the beginning of day 2 and all I see now is overpowering and impossible enemies on Rusty Anchor island, because I can't get an army of the units I prefer and I'm forced to play with incomplete stacks. But there is always a way :) The most important thing is to keep a cool head and do not give up.

BB Shockwave
11-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Even guardians who move 1 space can be lured away. They will move towards you, if you are always no more then 1 space away from them! Not all enemies do that, but for example the dwarf guarding the map on Tekron is like this.

DGDobrev
11-04-2009, 10:32 PM
I'll have to try that out. Kiting away map guards is very tricky, and requires a good save and a nice mouse :)

On a side note, Verona was full of stipud units too (very few horsemen, tons of imps, peasants, bears, archers, priests, assassins, swordsmen, guardsmen, etc. - no knights, no paladins, no emerald dragons, no nothing), but I did find archmagi and druids, and then more Royal Thorns when I beat up the wife of the barbarian (her army is stronger and her flame arrow is weaker, so more XP this way). Now with Paladins, Druids, Royal Thorns, Inquisitors and Archmagi things look a lot different. Besides, with 54 total battles, all of them without losses, a nice heap of cash is forming.

So it's all the matter of not giving up and finding ways to do it.

BB Shockwave
11-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Emerald Dragons in Verona? Where?

There is 1 dragon you can get for sure on the Rusty Anchor island in the Orc Cave. You can get there without a fight even, just lure the Orc shaman hero away.

In my game, there are only human units in Verona, with a few places that sell Assassins and Royal Griffins. I think the Mage tower where you have to pay a 200 gold admission fee at every visit is a good place to look for Paladins, though.

DGDobrev
11-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Well, I've found 7+ Emerald green dragons in the Mage's tower (Facing demenion's castle, it's to the right, past the graveyard and the bridge - the same tower you're talking about) 3 times out of my 5 playthroughs. In other occasions I found Paladins and Archmagi. In this playthorugh I found 9 horsemen there and about 300 Wood Fairies (Sprites) in the building nearby, but I cannot use them because I lack numerous spells (although I have the skills).

The thing is, that in impossible, since you'll be facing strong armies, you need to plan your units carefully, especially because it is very important to do the first 100 or so battles without any losses - this will ensure enough money to re-vamp the army, buy the expensive items, etc. You need something to take the extra hits (summoned units) while you babysit your tanks and summoners. To be honest, this is my plight right now with the Paladin, since he has much less leadership than the Warrior, and it's much harder to balance power and functionality to get no-loss victories. For example, in 12 levels, I bought only 3 items - the marshal's batton, the mana belt and the gladiator sword (the one with 10 might runes), and sold all of my wanderers' spells (7 total, I was lucky with the chests in battle, especially because I chose the green dragon and had it right away), and even with the 60 no-loss battles, I was struggling to find the money for these 3 items.

This goes to show how hard impossible really is - especially in the beginning of the game. In KBTL I could get 70k gold really easy, by stealing gold, items and flags. In KBAP this is no more. Each step of the way is hard.

travelingoz
11-05-2009, 05:30 AM
BB Shockwave is right, about 70% of the map guardians can be kited away. Just depends where the maps have been placed. For example, in the Warrior game i started last week, there was a map of Verona near the bridge on Scarlet island (the one with the biggest army). But this time through there is no map there. So no chance to sneak to Verona early. In fact with a little luck, it is possible to get the maps for almost all the islands b4 you start clearing Debir!

DG, on impossible it is much quicker to sneak at least to Rusty Anchor first because then you can defeat all the enemies on Scarlet and Bolo without losses and complete all quests so you don't need to return later.;)

DGDobrev
11-05-2009, 11:05 AM
That is correct, but this means you waste several game days through constant traveling. I have no problems with that, generally, but I also like to be efficient...

However, it is indeed great of one can get most of the maps in the early stages of the game, because then he will have his pick of extras - items, units, etc. In this case, if one is willing to waste like 6-7 days, sneaking, stealing and utilizing the XP shrines (the XP gained is based on the area the shrine is in, not by the char level, so it's great) and finish the game on day 20 or so, it's perfect :)

I'm also considering such playthrough, just for the fun of it. Starting the game on lvl 8-10 with a bunch of T-Rexes and good backup units? No problem :)

travelingoz
11-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Doing a sneak around 4-5 islands first , will/should only cost you a maximum of 24-38 hours at the VERY most. Including getting the Amulet from Bolo and the Debir king's wife from Verona! If you do all these, you can power through until you get to Verona! The first "hard" fights you'll find will be in Rusty Anchor!

e.g. Scarlet, Bolo and Rusty Anchor back to Debir= 24hrs. Level 6~7
Add Verona b4 Rusty Anchor= 32 hrs Level 10~11
Include Tekron as well= 38 maybe 42hrs tops. Level 12~14

How do you get 6~7 days???

DGDobrev
11-05-2009, 02:07 PM
It would appear that I have misunderstood you. You were talking about the first 4-5 islands, while I assumed that by saying 70% of the guards can be kited and "In fact with a little luck, it is possible to get the maps for almost all the islands b4 you start clearing Debir!" meant that you were talking about getting all the maps from all the islands. Based on your luck with the maps you may be forced to do some pretty extensive travels (some lasting 12+ hours) - this is why I gave 6-7 days.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Zhuangzi
11-05-2009, 02:12 PM
If you manage to get yourself to the lizard island (Reha?) then you can pick up 10+ Tirex eggs to use on Bolo etc. Could have fun with those in the early game. :-P

DGDobrev
11-05-2009, 03:32 PM
My thoughts exactly, this is why I continued analyzing and misunderstood travelingoz. Actually, if you do this little trick, you can end up with quite a bunch of eggs (snake, griffin, spider, etc.), thorn seeds, dragon eggs, t-rex eggs, etc., that you may not need troops for quite a while - in addition to that your troops will be so strong, that you will suffer very few losses in the early game, while the higher level from stealing, doing simple quests and such will ensure that you you have enough level and enough leadership carry at least 1-2 T-rex, dragons, etc.

Pretty catchy idea, it would certainly be worth trying and seeing whether it will pay off :) If it does, it will be extremely rewarding.

BB Shockwave
11-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Trouble is, there are map guardians that just won't move - except if you go straight next to them, when they'll attack you and there is nothing you can do to avoid it.

In my game, Reahu was the last island I got to, and I had to defeat a lot of guardians to get the map (it was in Elona the elven island). I could get the maps to Rusty Anchor and Bolo, but the map to Verona was guarded by a Robber that would not move ever, only if I stepped next to it. And this repeated itself, so in the end I was around level 30 when i got to Reahu. Defeating certain guardians without losses was simply not possible below certain levels...

Ahmadi
11-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Trouble is, there are map guardians that just won't move - except if you go straight next to them, when they'll attack you and there is nothing you can do to avoid it.

Yes, There are some guardians that don't track player, and the only way or removing them is conquring.

I detected that in "Hard" and "Impossible" mode, player lose a percent of experience after each win, and game don't allow the play to do level up.
But i think its better if in "Hard" or "Impossible" mode, enemies go stronger but player take more experience!

N3MES1S
11-27-2009, 09:38 PM
I think Ahmadi is also going for a good result, this is why he's doing island after island. His entire post suggests that. As such, traveling back and forth will seriously harm the score.

To save yourself from the multiple travels, you can try to force the Gromozeka hero on the bolo island away from the chest he's guarding. Since this is a quest monster, it will follow you. Have him go far from the chest then dash to take it. Inside is the Amulet that is required to obtain to get the second Stone of Gods. With each stone, the units in Debir (King Friedrich's island) will grow better and better. At least that can save you some mindless travels from island to island.

I'm saying this for a fact, because Im doing an impossible game with a Paladin, testing how quickly I can get lvl 3 learning (together with the +XP items, thus checking out how quickly I can level up) and lvl 3 Resurrection skill and use scapegoats. In my game so far I have really awful army setup on the Debir (few inquisitors), Scarlet Wind (no knights, no paladins, only 4 archmagi) and Bolo islands (2 measly Royal griffins and Cyclopses), and nothing better on the Rusty Anchor island. This can make your game very, very hard. Probably Ahmadi is having the same problem.

Still, once should never give up, there is always a way out!

Really? Tell me that supossed way out when u are running out of money and all the enemies are very strong+???

U need to travel from island to island for gaining exp and leveling. U can avoid that on the 1 first island, but when u gain access to scarlet, u need to go from island to island.

For the stones quest, u can access the second one easily, but im level 16 and i cant even try to fight for the third stone. I dont have too much gold, and all the enemies around are very strong-lethal-invincible. I cleared debir, scarlet, bola, rucher ankor (or something like that lol). Only have left dusuf island and verona. And cant do anything on em. So i ask u people, how to gain gold without fighting?? (and dont tell me to sell, cuz i sold everything lol and all the quests are fighting ones) . And i have Paladins-Evil Beholders-Inquisitors-Griffins-Guardsman. I think is not a bad army, needed to change royal snakes for griffins and sea dogs for paladins but i think it was a really good army (i did 2 of the loseless victories awards till i get into Verona but) Yup, i think its impossible, so the game ends once i run out of gold. Thats a shame.

Omghalsasi
11-28-2009, 04:27 AM
I am playing as a warrior,difficulty hard.well, i have the same problem but u can complete some quests by dodging the enemy.for e.g in the quest wherein u have to get the amulet for getting the first stone of teana,from the bolo catacombs,i fooled the r-14 droid guarding the chest:grin:

DGDobrev
11-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Well N3mes1s, sorry for that but that's how this game goes now. KBAP doesn't like squandering cash :) Looking at you army setup it doesn't have a distinguishable tank, nor a unit to support it. You also don't have scapegoat units save for the sky guards from the Royal Griffins.

The next playthrough, try making a balanced party with a strong tank and good support. Paladins will do, and they're best paired up with Archmagi for magic shield to reduce the damage they take. Even if you don't have target (I found it late in most of my playthroughs), you can always port the paladins right into the centre of the battlefield or into the enemy ranks and do the tanking that way.

N3MES1S
11-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Well N3mes1s, sorry for that but that's how this game goes now. KBAP doesn't like squandering cash :) Looking at you army setup it doesn't have a distinguishable tank, nor a unit to support it. You also don't have scapegoat units save for the sky guards from the Royal Griffins.

The next playthrough, try making a balanced party with a strong tank and good support. Paladins will do, and they're best paired up with Archmagi for magic shield to reduce the damage they take. Even if you don't have target (I found it late in most of my playthroughs), you can always port the paladins right into the centre of the battlefield or into the enemy ranks and do the tanking that way.

THATS Exactly wat im doing, but the problem is not the fight, i can win 2, 3 , 4 hard fights losing only 30% of my army and without retrooping (and believe thats is too hard to achieve, losing only 2 or 3 paladins its too hard) , but after that, i cant afford the next, cuz i didnt gain enough gold to re-troop all my army. And the next enemies are "lethal".

Holywhippet
12-07-2009, 04:10 AM
Ideally you need to avoid losing any troops at all. Aside from the cost of replacing them, you start getting medals that boost leadership when you win enough fights with no losses.

A few hints for keeping your losses down:

- Avoid low HP creatures, they die too easily.
- Take as many inquisitors as you can. They have the ressurection spell which can restore killed troops.
- For the above, note that ressurection is basically a healing spell that can restore units to life. So casting heal on a unit before ressurection can ensure you get back as many lives as possible.
- Cast protective spells like stoneskin on a high HP, high defense creature and put them between your ranged units and the enemy. They can survive the beating while you whittle down their troops.
- Summoned creatures are a godsend as they can do the same as the above but don't count towards your lost troops tally. Royal griffons have their own summon power which is very useful.
- The trap spell is useful for slowing down enemy ground units. Drop it at a bottleneck in the battlefield or where you figure the enemy will step. It's best used on the most dangerous stack. It's very useful against enemy stacks that use some kind of run power to cross the battlefield in the first round.
- If you are a mage, make a beeline for higher magic. Being able to cast extra spells at the start of combat can really make a difference.

Zechnophobe
12-07-2009, 04:43 AM
Nemesis, there is a quest on Rusty Anchor Island to get 50 pirates, bowmen and robbers. Doing so unlocks a nearby underground area, where you can get a *free* green Dragon. You'll have to sneak around Zag Zag to get in. This green dragon (1900 Leadership, which I hope you have) will be REALLY helpful! It is a great tank, and can power you through many combats.

I would suggest At least 1 stack of level 5 units. Be they Ogre's, Trolls, Dragons, or even Cyclopses in melee range, and use them out in front. One 'assist' style unit like Demonologists, necromancers, or Inquisitors, and one DPS stack like royal snakes (Something resurrectable by your support class.)

The hardest hump in the game is right before you get to Verona. Afterwards, it gets much easier due to a lot of loot just laying around on maps.

Akimbo
12-07-2009, 11:28 AM
or even Cyclopses

Never underestimate the Cyclops :) They have some powerful abilities. (Stun and a no retaliation "shove".)