Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Default Differences between PS3 and XBOX360

i have a ps3 slim and a xbox360 .
than i made all training mission on ps3 and all training missions on xbox360 ..than the multiplayer isn't mentioned .

Differences between PS3 and XBOX360 Controls and Freezes :
Controls:
this is my point of view , I can't customize controls on xbox360 than on ps3 i can and the aviator settings for me are wojnderfoul beacause the right stick is used look around without pressing the stick (i hate pressing the stick) . On xbox the only way to look around is pressing the the right stick ad moving in all direction but you can't accelarate or turn simultaneously.. and the movement is inaccurate .

ps3 Freezes
i prefer the ps3 version BUT ... i don't know if it appen only to me .. or if its a problem of my new ps3 slim . sometimes during doghfight the game freezes for 1 sec on Xbox no freezes .
Someone on PS3 had the same problem?

regards
Old 09-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

I'm on the 360, not the PS3, but I've seen quite a few people complaining on these forums about the frame rate stuttering like that on the PS3 version. I haven't really noticed it on the 360.

Customisable controls for both versions of the game are coming with the next title update.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Approved Member

The framerate freeze/stutter happens with my 60 gig ps3 as well, others have posted this and it does appear to happen with all ps3 models.
Just a side effect of the "xbox emulator" so many developers use
Old 09-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

I had the 360 version before switching to the PS3 version (due to the control layout) and besides the frame freezing, the PS3 has tearing, especially at cockpit view, but on the other hand the 360 has puntual framerate issues sometimes (like when an enemy planes explodes and you are very close)
Old 09-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

the 360 version definitely has significant framerate problems as well
Old 09-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

The only time I have seen the frame rate drop on my 360 is if I an very close a plume of black smoke when an aircraft bursts into flames in front of me. Other wise I have had no problems at all. I do have BOP copied to my HDD.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

I'm on the first nighttime mission and the framerate becomes terrible. I don't know why, if the game has trouble handling the spotlights or what. On the other hand, some missions like Channel Dogfight handle dozens of planes with no problems.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Frame rate problems seems to a common with flight sims especially IL-2. I remember PC version the frame rate dropped to a crawl at times. New hardware did help but the frame rate drops are still there.