Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

Default Am I the only one having this problem? (Multiplayer)

Almost every multiplayer game I play the following happens:

I am on the enemy planes tail blasting away making numerous hits and so the enemy plane just chrashes which means no points for me. This happens over and over again. The enemy shot up plane crashes deliberately without me gaining the point. This is bad enough but... Then he respawns flies straight into me - I then loose a wing and it says he crashes - next thing I know he got a point!?

Is this just me? or you other chaps finding this?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Its called people being coward and stupid...most a like 13 year olds who dont know what their doing...or other people thinking (Ya, this will be better for my team)...my comeback, let them shoot at me a couple of times, then crash...i do it like 5-10 times and then leave...at least untill the update that will fix it.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

Yeah - its really ruining the online games - It would be better that if they do crash and they have sustained damage from another player then that other player should get the kill. Its ridiculous as things are - I mean I have literally blown another aircraft to pieces with smoke pouring out the engine and huge holes in their wing yet they just crash and get a fresh new aircraft with no points given to me!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

Yes, lots of times it is just plain nosing over into the turf. However, there have been plenty of times, for me at least, when I'm shot all to hell wih several black damage parts showing and despite my best efforts I can't keep it up.. ahem... the plane that is...
Old 09-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

But if you are so shot up you can't keep it up due to damage and you crash due to the enemy fire - you get a brand new aircraft and the other guy gets nothing. in fact you are better off - not only do you have fresh aircraft, you also re-start at a higher altitude!!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

If your playing Realistic or Sim dont be to hard on those that do it. Many times its due to loosing control. You may have shot out their control surfaces.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goalie_94 View Post
Its called people being coward and stupid...most a like 13 year olds who dont know what their doing...or other people thinking (Ya, this will be better for my team)...my comeback, let them shoot at me a couple of times, then crash...i do it like 5-10 times and then leave...at least untill the update that will fix it.
Huh? You are admiting to crashing on purpose? Or do you not mean what you actually wrote? I think alot of the crashes are often people who's control surfaces have been shot. If only the elevators have been destroyed the plane may look like it just flies into the floor on purpose. An out of control plane doesn't have to be spinning. Last night someone shot out my right wings ailerons only, so I still had stable flight but with zero roll capability.

So just because someone crashes don't asume they did it on purpose. Hopefully after its fixed in the patch we will have heard the last of this.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 09-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

But this is exactly my point. If by my action their controls have been shot up and they crash because of my shots then surely I deserve the kill? instead because I have shot them up they then crash I get no kill and next I see them above me on a head on collision path about to get a point without firing shot. as mentioned above I only play sim or realistic.

I argue that yes people do crash on purpose but worst also people that generally have lost control due to my shooting them up should mean I get a kill. i.e. like in the real air war of ww2!!

In simple terms:

If I so much as shoot one bullet that hits an enemy aircraft that leads to them loosing control and chrashing = I should get a point.
If I so much as shoot up an enemy aircraft to the point its so shot up but the enemy cheats and crashes to get a fresh aircraft = I should get a point

Last edited by jb1944; 09-15-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1944 View Post
But this is exactly my point. If by my action their controls have been shot up and they crash because of my shots then surely I deserve the kill? instead because I have shot them up they then crash I get no kill and next I see them above me on a head on collision path about to get a point without firing shot. as mentioned above I only play sim or realistic.

I argue that yes people do crash on purpose but worst also people that generally have lost control due to my shooting them up should mean I get a kill. i.e. like in the real air war of ww2!!
I'm not sure you saw or heard, but the DEVs are implementing a patch that solves this issue. They say soon, but there is no hard date set.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

jb1944, As we said it is being fixed for the patch.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope