Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:19 AM
Approved Member

Default Multiplayer...pleasant surprises

FINALLY got IL-2...Great to catch some of you online.

After seeing all the thumbs down on here I thought heck, why not give it a thumbs up...

1)Although I was really looking forward to sim I found realistic makes for quite an interesting game, but personally found arcade a little strange ( but always busy!)

2)Multiplayer had me lmao...apologies to stoney and co online, I couldn't stop laughing...on Capture the airfield I landed right from the off and taxi'd around a bit amidst a hail of bullets and kamikazes...my connection was lost (my ends problem) unfortunately after 4 tear soaked minutes...

3) You need to know your planes, a couple of guys I could not touch in the Bf 109E, but once I had unlocked a few alternatives it made life MUCH easier.

4) Limited ammo REALLY is Limiting (doh)...played strike with a bomber busting 163...had to resort to trying to ram the bomber out of the sky.sorry whoever my teamate was...

5) Yes crashing does occur with damage without appropiate kills...until the devs remedy this may I humbly suggest a) following your kill right to the deck helps and b) try and reach a gentlemans agreement to keep knackered planes airborne to allow people to get kills (cos points make prizes!)...if you are a stats nazi you ain't a gentleman anyway so don't bother.

6) Just be as open as you can to match availabilty...both rank or not...if you must be picky at least just select one (either diff or type...chosing both doesn't work out too well...)

7) played 9 hours straight from first load (8pm-5am)...and got invites within 5 minutes of sticking in the disc...thanks Forum Chaps! LOVE THIS GAME!

PPS much of the time you CANNOT help hitting the deck when shot up....would people harden the f**k up and stop whining about crashers...

ps if anyone needs a small game to help them acquire particular planes or loadouts I am happy to oblige...hving family/career I too know time and life is short..
________
MARIJUANA HEMP

Last edited by juz1; 02-24-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

excellent post sir,
and really nice to see an experianced sim flighter offering help to those new to it on the console...kudos