Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Technical issues

Technical issues Technical problems and solutions

Old 08-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

Default Cant board ennemy tank

Greetings, whenever i try to disable a tank for capture i cant board it.

In a mission ( with Dynamic Campaign Generator and even in SP ) whenever i disable a tank the cursor dont change for boarding.

I see a tank i get behind them with any AT weapon i have either be it a rocket launcher or another tank and i aim the turret, i blow the turret away they get off the tank i kill them still can shoot the takn but not enter it.

Or i get on his side and i give him a nice shot and destroye the hull ( tank not usable anymore ) they get out, i kill them i get the icon to enter it?

Thats only for tanks, any other vehicule moto, car, armored car when disable I.E. Crew dead or turret down i can board them but not tank?
Old 08-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Banned

If you want to capture enemy tanks, you must knock out the turret. If you go for the hull, the tank is a wreck in most cases (but not always). If the turret gets blown off, then the tank can´t be re-used.

Do you use any other mods except for DCG (ie running other mods at the same time as DCG)? DCG make any changes to when and if you can board a enemy vehicle, it uses the exact same routines for this as the vanilla SP MoW does.

I´ve played DCG for a very long time now, and I do not have any problems to enter enemy vehicles that I´ve forced the enemy crew to leave (by taking out the turret).

~Zeke.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

I managed to get 2 tank after many hour of playing its easy yet not always, i mean taking out a turret you got to be lucky not to over do it and sometime the fifrepower is not enough, i tried with a 37mm US AT from the back of the turret its how i got it but heavy tank isnt doable for me, well thank for info
Old 08-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

You could just try to take out the treads, if the enemy is far enough into your territory they may abandon the vehicle as it becomes a sitting duck when immobile.

In the Battle of Vernon, i captured atleast 3 enemy tanks by doing this. Though i will agree that destroying the turret is the most reliable, and safest. But you don't really need luck, just good aiming, are you using direct-control mode?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:34 AM
Registered Member

When i want to capture yes and i would say 90% of the tmie im fighting tanks yes i do, sometime im just too busy somewhere else, and i dont play the campaign only the DCG right now