Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Updates

Updates Patches, updates and related discussions

Old 08-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Default Which Version Is Which?

Ok, I bought a retail version of the game today.

Looking on the official MOW website there is only one patch (three versions) 1.11.3

So I have installed this patch and now have two shortcuts, the first 1.11.3 standard, the second 1.11.3 multplayer.

The first allows single and multiplayer, the second multiplayer only? Are these different versions or the same? If the standard allows both why do I need the multiplayer version?

I have also noticed people referring to an even later patch but it isnt even listed on the official website?

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks
Old 08-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinOrLose View Post
Ok, I bought a retail version of the game today.

Looking on the official MOW website there is only one patch (three versions) 1.11.3

So I have installed this patch and now have two shortcuts, the first 1.11.3 standard, the second 1.11.3 multplayer.

The first allows single and multiplayer, the second multiplayer only? Are these different versions or the same? If the standard allows both why do I need the multiplayer version?

I have also noticed people referring to an even later patch but it isnt even listed on the official website?

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks
There the same version it's just one version you can play Single & multiplayer the Multiplayer obviously you cant,dont ask me why they did that but its no big deal.Oh & the new patch there talking about which includes the New Multiplayer faction Japan is here.

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/vie...748003ea8a934f

Also if you were confused before,get this,after you have installed 1.16.4 patch you need to go to your C:/Program Files/Aspyr/Men of War folder & run the .exe called 'outfront_mp',otherwise when you run the game normaly its say's you have 1.11.4 version which will make you incompatable with other online user's.

Last edited by Morgoth; 08-25-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Registered Member

All done - thanks for the help.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Registered Member

i dont have any patch and got retail do i do the same thing as him? and when i click to download it says "run" or "save" or "cancel" which one?

Last edited by Dallen9; 08-29-2009 at 02:50 AM.