Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

Default Just got the AV8R......

Wow!! What a difference it is with this compared to a regular controller. I'm new here and a total noob to flight games.
My first try with the av8r was like ... aw crap I'll never get this...but after 20 minutes I was hooked. Ofcourse on simulation I stalled a lot and crashed and burned. I got out of one stall by accident. With the controller pad it was easier to get out of....any tips with the flight stick on how to get out of a stall?
Anyways, I'm really excited about the game and can tell it'll take me a loooong time to master this. Can't wait!!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbungle View Post
any tips with the flight stick on how to get out of a stall?
If the plane rolls to the right, push the stick to the left and the rudder to the right. It's the other way round when the plane rolls to the left. As soon as the plane stops to stall, stop pushing or you will stall in the other direction.

Also watch your speed. If it's too low (<200 km/h / 125 mph) engage WEP (push throttle forward) and push your nose downwards.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

Can someone post a picture of what the controls are?
Old 08-14-2009, 01:27 AM
Registered Member

For those with the av8r....what's your most comfortable way of holding it? Did you mount it on a table...hold on your lap....or set it between your legs?
It is pretty hard to reach the buttons facing you.
there were a few times I had to use both hands on the stick trying to adjust my aim...it's pretty hardcore...i love it.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:50 AM
Approved Member

I do fine with the demo holding it in my lap (for online I will more than likely set it on a table). I have added buttons to mine to put controls within reach (I will post a MS word document on how to do this later).

I used the larger (soft buttons as they call them) on zoom & trim as they are comfortable to press & hold with the knuckle on your thumb whilst still working the throttle. If you are left handed you will want them on the other side of course. Unfortunately this is where the main board is located so you will have little space (but you should have run off & joined the circus long ago anyway you freak). Seriously though if you are interested in this mod PM me & I'll help you through it. The main board can be easly reloacated with a bit of glueing/cutting of the plastic bits that hold it in place.

Last edited by reverend66; 08-14-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Approved Member

I find that the Aviator (once modded as above) is much easier to use than the ace edge for the conslole version of IL-2. It has enough buttons for all of the commands, can be held in your lap, and is much easier to work whilst drinking a beer (or beverage of your choice).
Old 08-14-2009, 02:08 AM
Approved Member

was it this one? if it was the model was really cool...not so futuristic kindda like it very much
Old 08-14-2009, 02:12 AM
Approved Member

That model is the Aviator1 it is only for use on PC. You want to buy the one I have pictured in my previous post if you want it to work on Xbox360.

Last edited by reverend66; 08-14-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend66 View Post
That model is the Aviator1 it is only for use on PC. You want to buy the one I have pictured if you want it to work on Xbox360.

Is this like one of those TV magician tricks, where you are picturing it in your mind and we see it?
Old 08-14-2009, 02:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend66 View Post
That model is the Aviator1 it is only for use on PC. You want to buy the one I have pictured if you want it to work on Xbox360.
please do so, i don't own a xbox juz yet, does it it compatible with ps3?