Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Approved Member

Default The players are going to make this game..

I am very excited about this release for many reasons. It looks like the developers have made a great single player campaign (from what I have seen in the demo). From what I have read about multiplayer it looks like it will have a lot of long term playability. What I am mainly excited about is the amount of intelligence & generosity I have found on this board. So many people are giving up tips, mods & the kind of welcome to other players you normally don't find outside of a hardcore computer sim community.
I think the easy learning curve with arcade mode will produce many harcore sim fans. Even if there is no sequal I think this game will stay alive online for sometime through squadrons & dedicated simulator mode rooms. The intelligence & maturity & have seen on this board (from people of all ages) gives me hope for the future of combat flight sims. This type of game is not about being the best or "gaming the game" it's about having fun & teaching your experience to others.
I played computer WWII combat flight sims for many years (Warbirds, Aces High & IL-2 of course) and the people on this forum show the same kind of love for the game and respect for other players I saw in those days. I can't wait to fly with you all online (freind or foe).

<S> Rev
Old 08-03-2009, 04:20 AM
Approved Member

Yeah they're not bad this lot!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:27 AM
Approved Member

Hey HauptmannMolders, did you fly for JG51 in Warbirds?
Old 08-03-2009, 04:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend66 View Post
I am very excited about this release for many reasons. It looks like the developers have made a great single player campaign (from what I have seen in the demo). From what I have read about multiplayer it looks like it will have a lot of long term playability. What I am mainly excited about is the amount of intelligence & generosity I have found on this board. So many people are giving up tips, mods & the kind of welcome to other players you normally don't find outside of a hardcore computer sim community.
I think the easy learning curve with arcade mode will produce many harcore sim fans. Even if there is no sequal I think this game will stay alive online for sometime through squadrons & dedicated simulator mode rooms. The intelligence & maturity & have seen on this board (from people of all ages) gives me hope for the future of combat flight sims. This type of game is not about being the best or "gaming the game" it's about having fun & teaching your experience to others.
I played computer WWII combat flight sims for many years (Warbirds, Aces High & IL-2 of course) and the people on this forum show the same kind of love for the game and respect for other players I saw in those days. I can't wait to fly with you all online (freind or foe).

<S> Rev
Couldn't agree more and thank you! Let's hope IL2BoP becomes a success!
Old 08-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

You mention something very true. I'm also registered on the Battlefield 1943 forum and there is a huge difference between the two.

Not a single time I read 'lrn2play noob' or any other stupid comments.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Approved Member

You know, I was also thinking about this forum and what to make of it. It really reminds me of the Fable forum at Big Blue Box, when the game was still on the early stages of development. That board had the same kind of spirit, open-mindedness and respect for the Devs, as well as great attitude and support from the latter. I guess a good fanbase can make any game tenfold better.