Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Default Campaigns as Axis?

I know the campaigns take you from the Western front to the Eastern front and even some Italian missions, but will you be able to fly as the Axis forces, or is that only in multiplayer? I really liked how the PC Sturmovik games let you tackle the battles from both sides.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Approved Member

Axis will be played on multiplayer.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

You can also use Axis planes in Instant Action, which is basically the quick mission builder from the PC Il2s.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

unfortunately modern day politics will not allow for console games to depict "playing as teh evil nazis" in single player

but for some reason we are allowed to kill endless amounts of them
Old 08-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

Politically correct morons with pull will make sure the game gets boycotted. I wish we could.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

Politically correct morons?

Why would anyone actually want to play a campaign as the Nazis?

It is one thing to play as them as just another skin in a storyless multiplayer, but a campaign? There was nothing good about the Nazis, and their evil is too real to too many people to bring their side home as some sort of entertainment.

It has nothing to do with politically correct, and everything to do with decency as a member of the human race.

MAYA, you know I am not exactly poltically correct, but a campaign as the Nazis would disgust me, and I actually wouldn't support any game that would even attempt such a thing.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Approved Member

Jeez, we aren't talking about a campaign where you directly helped Nazi's to kill Jews. What we are talking about is a set of missions as a German pilot. All the older PC Il2s have campaigns where you can play as Axis pilots.

Besides, you want to know which nation that you can play in campaign is guilty of worse war crimes than the Germans? Thats right, the Russians.

Last edited by David603; 08-02-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by versapak View Post
Politically correct morons?

Why would anyone actually want to play a campaign as the Nazis?

It is one thing to play as them as just another skin in a storyless multiplayer, but a campaign? There was nothing good about the Nazis, and their evil is too real to too many people to bring their side home as some sort of entertainment.

It has nothing to do with politically correct, and everything to do with decency as a member of the human race.

MAYA, you know I am not exactly poltically correct, but a campaign as the Nazis would disgust me, and I actually wouldn't support any game that would even attempt such a thing.
Not everyone was a 'evil'. Many of them were just doing their job like we do.

But here's something to make you think. Courtousy of trk29:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=8027
Old 08-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

A campagin implies to me story, and there is no Nazi story deserving of being told from their side.

Now setting up single missions with generic goals in a Nazi plane, is totally different.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

So, by your standards, there is no campaign mode in Il2 Birds of Prey. Just a series of generic missions strung together with no background story.

And don't you understand, there is no such thing as clear cut black and white good vs evil in war, just shades of grey. At a guess, there won't be a mission where American or British bombers carpet bomb a city either.

Last edited by David603; 08-02-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Closed Thread