Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Default Hori Flight Stick

Well, this morning I used to pick up my freshly new Hori Flight Stick at my game's shop but I have been a bit confused when I took it in my hands :

1) First, the Main Trigger that used in all Joystick and Simulations to shoot is in Green colour and wear the letter A, so that means thats the Main trigger of the Stick will be used in BOP to Select your Target....... so... I didn't see anything to change the bottom on demo...
2) Second, There is on lowest front postition a Trigger that is espeially in a bad position; I just can't put my full hand on the stick without touching this trigger ! and the saler told me that was LB trigger or the RB trigger...so...I love rockets and bombes but only when I want to used them lol
3) The highest Hat is well placed and porbably made for the free look on BOP but, it's look really hard to press. I do not know how I would be able to fly and look around at the same time if I have to press at the same time. Maybe you do not have to press it. Hope so !
4) The throttle is very hard. It was on a glass table at the shop and when I try to accelerate the full throttle move on the table ! I didn't see a screw to try adjust that like my Thursmaster for PC....

So, that's why I finaly didn't buy it.... I was really confused. I still do not know if I have to buy the little Saitek or this one.
I think that if an update to adjust your command AS YOU WANT come one day I will spend 220 Euros for the Hori..if not....I have to wait a review of the Joystick with BOP or spending my money on the Saitek...or waiting even a new one

if you have any question ask
Old 07-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molgera View Post
How does it work to look around with a joystick ? Because with the control pad you can look around while controlling your plane. We can't do both with a joystick right ?
It's the little stick on top of the big one You can use it while controlling your plane.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

The actual buttom mapping changes on the flight stick. It's exactly like the Ace Edge. The green trigger button actually does fire your guns.

As for the button positions, I actually move my hand up on the stick so that I'm pulling the trigger with my middle finger. That puts the hat button or stick within easy reach of my thumb. It also moves my hand above the bumper button located below.

As for it moving...were the suction cups attached? I know the Ace Edge comes with them and will keep it from sliding.

My best piece of advice is to not try to match up button functions from the flight stick with those on the controller. They're just different.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

The control scheme for the regular gamepad and the control scheme for a flightstick are differet.

For example... With a flightstick A is to fire, and you do not have to click the stick in to look around.

The trigger at the base of the grip is the right bumper, but with a flightstick the right bumper is the target camera in arcade and realistic modes, and unused in sim.

The stick come swith suction cups that go on the bottom, which should prevent your throttle moving problems. If you have nothing smooth to suction them to, then you may be in for some issues.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbury View Post
Well, this morning I used to pick up my freshly new Hori Flight Stick at my game's shop but I have been a bit confused when I took it in my hands :

1) First, the Main Trigger that used in all Joystick and Simulations to shoot is in Green colour and wear the letter A, so that means thats the Main trigger of the Stick will be used in BOP to Select your Target....... so... I didn't see anything to change the bottom on demo...
2) Second, There is on lowest front postition a Trigger that is espeially in a bad position; I just can't put my full hand on the stick without touching this trigger ! and the saler told me that was LB trigger or the RB trigger...so...I love rockets and bombes but only when I want to used them lol
3) The highest Hat is well placed and porbably made for the free look on BOP but, it's look really hard to press. I do not know how I would be able to fly and look around at the same time if I have to press at the same time. Maybe you do not have to press it. Hope so !
4) The throttle is very hard. It was on a glass table at the shop and when I try to accelerate the full throttle move on the table ! I didn't see a screw to try adjust that like my Thursmaster for PC....

So, that's why I finaly didn't buy it.... I was really confused. I still do not know if I have to buy the little Saitek or this one.
I think that if an update to adjust your command AS YOU WANT come one day I will spend 220 Euros for the Hori..if not....I have to wait a review of the Joystick with BOP or spending my money on the Saitek...or waiting even a new one

1. doesnt matter , main triggger is to fire , even if the game says different. I have the stick.

2.the bottom trigger is not really used during simulation , its an empty spot on the harder difficulties , but in other difficulties its for using the target camera. missles are launched with the red b button on the controller. the only thing that is not functional while using the ace edge is the trimming in simulator mode.

3.analog stick on top makes looking around incredibly easy and if you have seen my videos you can see that.you do NOT have to press down to look around

4. The throttle is ADJUSTABLE with a single screwdriver turn on the bottom of the controller , you can have it as hard as a rock , or as smooth as silk .

Buy the god damn controller , you dont want to have somebody else buy such a hard to find stick
Old 07-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbury View Post

There is a screw for throttle adjustment

Maybe this will help Flight stick diagram
Old 07-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

thanks for all these answer !

so, after reading all the reply I will "Buy the god damn controller" as guiltyspark said

thank's everybody

PS: I just think it's one of the best forum I never been

++
Old 08-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

omg you didn't buy the Ace Edge stick? Go back tomorrow and get it dude, all your assumptions were wrong. Plus look at my look stick mod on the first page, you will thank me.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYAman View Post
omg you didn't buy the Ace Edge stick? Go back tomorrow and get it dude, all your assumptions were wrong. Plus look at my look stick mod on the first page, you will thank me.
Hahaha, Yeah I will go on monday to get it... looks like I was wrong...
Yeah I saw your personal Joystick Nice work
Thank's for the follow
++ I will tell you about the Hori stick on monday
See Ya
Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Approved Member

Ok guys,

I finaly get the Hori Stick, and...guess what, you were just right !
What an awesome Flight Stick ! Realy nice to play with !
Just 2 things in my point of view :
1) Free Look Stick really got too much sensibility
2) The Rudder bottom got too much sensibility too. Me and my brother used to play sims for a while now and here we just not able to use the rudder...

So, This flight stick is just awesome but all I can do is to hope that an upgrade will come to adjust these little details

PS: I just spend 3 more hours to play with the demo and it's always a damn pleasure to play it
Can't wait the launche of the retail !
See ya