Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 06-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

Default Suppressive Fire

I see it in the manual, but have yet to find a unit that can actually perform it. Tried with every US unit and none of them have the ability. Where is it?
Old 06-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

i thought all inf could do it, but it seems quicker and easier to just click the enemy instead of a little icon. What's the difference between firing to kill and firing to supress, they both scare them
Old 07-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
i thought all inf could do it, but it seems quicker and easier to just click the enemy instead of a little icon. What's the difference between firing to kill and firing to supress, they both scare them
Because you pin them down with riflemen and flank with your submachine gunners...Works for me, Ok, Regan, you click a unit (or squad) and click on that crosshair icon (the alternate attack actions) and there will be a picture of three barrels and fire, its that one, I just moved it to my instant bar. Its really useful.

Last edited by Meep129; 07-30-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meep129 View Post
Because you pin them down with riflemen and flank with your submachine gunners...Works for me, Ok, Regan, you click a unit (or squad) and click on that crosshair icon (the alternate attack actions) and there will be a picture of three barrels and fire, its that one, I just moved it to my instant bar. Its really useful.
Doesnt that kinda waste ammo though,as most units dont really come with all that much to begin with.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Approved Member

Suppresive fire has been renamed to Attack Ground. Does the same thing but now can be done with tank MGs, etc. Suppresing and flanking tactics are best used by assault squads which come with their own MG. Personally, I don't even let the enemy know I'm there and I just throw some dynomite behind the lines.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

There is no command for suppression fire but if you watch your guys when they take fire they duck down and dont fire back......doesnt take much fire either.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

Not anymore, its been changed to Attack Ground but it does the same thing as Suppresing Fire used to.