Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:44 AM
Registered Member

Question Anyone know how to play IL2:1946 through proxy???

How to set up the proxy in IL2?

Old 05-18-2009, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyjackal View Post

Should be easy. Ask the administrator to open up a port on the firewall and put il2 on the allow (exceptions) list?

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 05-18-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Do you intend to set up a server? Otherwise it should work anyway I guess if the proxy is not "locked down" so that it only allows port 80 and 447 (web browser traffic). IL2 uses the port 21000 so that one has to be forwarded from the proxy to the local IP of you machine...
Old 05-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Registered Member

Question

I don't want to set up a server but to play the game through a proxy because my PC is in our corporation and the net is LAN.
I found that I couldn't connect to any IL2 server through the corporaiton's LAN.
Anyone could help me please????
Old 05-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I don't want to set up a server but to play the game through a proxy because my PC is in our corporation and the net is LAN.
I found that I couldn't connect to any IL2 server through the corporaiton's LAN.
No - sorry to say it, but I don't think it will work, unless you convince an IL2 server admin to put up a server with the inbound port 80 or 443. Those are probably the only outbound ports allowed... You could put up some crazy SSL tunnel but it would be tedius, and require external servers between you and the target IL2 server...

If the target server has this in conf.ini:

[NET]
localPort=443

And you have:

[NET]
remotePort=443

I guess it would work... As I said, the challenge would be to convice a server admin to host an IL2 Server on port 443? For a friendly coop maybe?

Good luck /Mazex
Old 05-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Bear in mind that depending on how your corporation feels about you using their machines to play games, especially if it's not on your own time (which would be designated lunch breaks, and maybe time after work finishes if work finishes to a clock), connecting to an outside server that is not officially approved may be a disciplinary, even a sackable, offence.

Good luck, but really, really check out the implications of what you're thinking of doing.