Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 05-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Approved Member

Default Can't use sacrifice in battle with giant spider?

I'm playing as a mage on hard, I cast hypnotize on a stack of some 120 venomous spiders, and in the next round I wanted to sacrifice them to resurrect my badly depleted stack of sprites - the dang spider targeted them a couple of times instead of summoning more spiders!

So, what gives? Is there some kind of ban against using certain spells in a battle against bosses? Even though I can use it on my own units!
Old 05-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

Well, I doubt there is any kind of ban. The only ban I know of concerns the rage box, since this is a boss battle..

Try hypnotizing spiders that aren't close to the big spider's field of attack... And I hope spiders can be sacrificed. I noticed that thorns and other summoned creatures can't be sacrificed.

There are some regulations I guess. For example, my inquisitor doesn't seem to want to resurrect the demonesses, but I can. That's aweird thing as well
Old 05-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
I'm playing as a mage on hard, I cast hypnotize on a stack of some 120 venomous spiders, and in the next round I wanted to sacrifice them to resurrect my badly depleted stack of sprites - the dang spider targeted them a couple of times instead of summoning more spiders!

So, what gives? Is there some kind of ban against using certain spells in a battle against bosses? Even though I can use it on my own units!
It's probably because the spiders are summoned creatures (albiet summoned by the boss, rather than you).
Old 05-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Approved Member

I think same, summoned creatures cant be sacrificed.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Approved Member

Ah, I see. Thank you.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Approved Member

For this battle, Royal Thorn is king, and makes it a weird easy stuff. Each time the queen spider summon spiders they are spawn on random places so the most place you occupy the less chance you get a spawn.