Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > GEM Editor

GEM Editor All information about MoW map editor

Old 04-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Default How do you make AI fight each other in men of war game editior?

Hi guys i have just discovered the game editor (awesome tool) but can you make AI fight each other? or make men fight ?

Thanks p.s im new here

Last edited by reece150; 04-16-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Is the editor easy to use ?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Well I was playing around with it at lunch... yeah it is easy so far

You can place units and hit F2 I think... and actually play with the units as in the game real time...

Compared to other map editors... it is very well designed and easy to figure out.

I do not know the complexity of what all is included to make maps but it looks pretty user friendly.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece150 View Post
Hi guys i have just discovered the game editor (awesome tool) but can you make AI fight each other? or make men fight ?

Thanks p.s im new here
Yes, you can make the AI fight each other in the editor. Just load up any existing map (or make one yourself). Place two tanks on the map at a slight distance from each other (but still not to far away, they must be able to see each other). Then pick a crew for each tank and place the crew next to each tank. Then pick one tank and its crew and look for a line in the menu to the right which says "Player". Click in this field and choose Player One for this tank and crew. Do the same for the other tank and crew but let this one be Player Two.

Then hit F1. Press key "0" on the numerical keyboard and pick the crew and order them to enter their tank. Press key "1" on the num. keyboard and order the other crew to do the same.

Save (under a new name, you don´t want to overwrite the original map). Then in the lower right corner of the screen, press the button which is labeled "Start". If the tanks are close enough, they will now start firing at each other. If you want to take command of any of them, press either "0" or "1". To stop the battle, press "Start" (it has now changed its name to "Finish") button again.

~Zeke.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

I'll have to go out and buy it then lol.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

I think I had the same problem and discovered I put ENG (english) and USA teams on the map... so they were friendly at each other.

Be sure to play 1 side as GER (germans)...

Using the editor can be tricky... Wish there were docs on here like there was on the DMS site... (which I cannot get to here from work)...
Old 04-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

hey about this, how can I choose one of the sides? Because I'm trying to make a sort of random battle, but I can't make myself to control the soldiers, only the AI
Old 05-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Exclamation Help

Hi guys. I got to say this game is awsome and the editor tool is too if you know how to use it. I could help but i need some help first.
I can't navigate through the map in editor. I can't navigate through map with mouse and not with shortcut keys. Can someone help me? If you do i could help people with editing. I learn prety fast with other game developed maps. I don't know everything but i know something.

Last edited by siicis; 05-25-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

well, the problem with this is that that you probably haven't started the game (bottom right START).

When in start mode the AI reacts to each other, but when in ready mode the AI doesn't issue any orders. Place units in F3 mode. Make them diffrent teams, under players F3 - > F9. Place units and then press start.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

Default planes

guys why i cant make two enemys in planes which fly around and "SHOT"
i can make them fly around but when i put on triggers air_attack and i order it to attac enemy plane they just crash. maybe i use wrong plane model?