Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Technical issues

Technical issues Everything about technical problems and issues

Old 04-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

Default Stuck at 60hz

Hello

I´m stuck at 60hz in Cryostasis and i wonder if there´s a workaround or fix for this?

Thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 06:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ywap View Post
Hello

I´m stuck at 60hz in Cryostasis and i wonder if there´s a workaround or fix for this?

Thanks
Can you describe your problem in more details.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Can you describe your problem in more details.
Well, when i start the game the refresh rate go to 60hz but i use 85hz normally. I tried refreshlock but that didn´t help either. Maybe there is a command i can use in the config file to force a higher refresh rate?

I´m using a crt so i would really appreciate if i could use a higher rate

I´m on Vista 64 btw.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Approved Member

As far as i know DX10 lock some apps to 60Hz
I don't remember for cryostasis but to me it happens with crysis and gears of war when dx10 option is enabled.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Get an LCD monitor.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautOfWar View Post
Get an LCD monitor.
I will never own a lcd screen for gaming. Bad black levels, bad viewing angles, unnatural colors and slow response time are not my thing since i hate motion blur. And yes, i have seen the latest and fastest screens and they are a joke compared to a high quality CRT monitor. The intruduction of lcd:s was a huge step backwards for pictures in motion, but probably a nice cash-cow for the manufacturers. We desperatly need something better, hopefully Canon can do it with SED...

So, no no. I rather play at 30hz or not at all than use a lcd screen.

Not trying to be an arse here JuggernautOfWar, just stating my opinion of the LCD technology
Old 04-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Approved Member

Yeah I know what you mean. I am looking forward to OLED technology. Hopefully when they are stable and seriously on the market the flaws will be ironed out. Oh and some LCDs now have 120hz.

What's that Canon technology you said?
Old 04-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ywap View Post

So, no no. I rather play at 30hz or not at all than use a lcd screen.

Not trying to be an arse here JuggernautOfWar, just stating my opinion of the LCD technology
Taken from Tom's hardware site: "There's 1000 milliseconds in a second (like thousand milliliters in a liter). There's 1000 microseconds in a millisecond, and there's 1000 nanoseconds in a microsecond. And to be complete: a decisecond is a tenth of a second, and a centisecond is .01 seconds. These last two are never used in practice. You see them occasionally in combination with liters (volumetric measurement).

If you have a refresh rate (in case of LCD response rate is the proper term really) of 2 milliseconds, then you can refresh/change the pixels on the screen 1/0.002 = 500 times a second, hence referred to as 500 frames per second, or 500 fps. (8ms rr = 125 fps, 12ms = 83 fps, etc)."

With 2 ms monitors today arent CRT's obsolete? 2ms LCDs are great. Most of the things you mentioned arent really that much of an issue anymore as far as color, veiwing angles and such. They might have been when LCDs first came out. When LCDs first came out 2ms wasnt even close to possible.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by serinity View Post
With 2 ms monitors today arent CRT's obsolete? 2ms LCDs are great. Most of the things you mentioned arent really that much of an issue anymore as far as color, veiwing angles and such. They might have been when LCDs first came out. When LCDs first came out 2ms wasnt even close to possible.
I watchted the Samsung T220 yesterday and it´s said to be a 2ms gaming screen. The blur during motion were so obvious i felt motion sick, maybe i´m more sensitive to this issue than most people, i don´t know...

The very obvious backlight and the bad preassure in the colours both gave a very unnatural picture.

Again, not trying to be an a-hole, i just want pictures in motion to be sharp and i want natural colours and for the black to actually be black. Lcd can´t give me that today and i suspect it never will. We need something better!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautOfWar View Post
Yeah I know what you mean. I am looking forward to OLED technology. Hopefully when they are stable and seriously on the market the flaws will be ironed out. Oh and some LCDs now have 120hz.

What's that Canon technology you said?
Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SED_display

Flat screens with crt quality