Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

Default Some tips for newbie warrior?

Hello,

Any tip will be appreciated.
For example, at a low level (lv 1-5) my favorite army setup is:

Horsemen, Griffin, Bowmen, Priest, Archmage

Troop conservation works quite well with this setup.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

Try to find inquisitors ... Go for distortion magic asap, and even upgrade it. Take leadership every time you can, also go for those talents that reduce army's leadership requirements.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calinda View Post
Take leadership every time you can
Even at the beginning?
Old 01-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Approved Member

Take rage instead leadership first levels... I do not take leadership till level 15 (but it may be 10 or 20... depends how much you need huge armies, or if you can deliver good damage by combination of units)

but after level 15 take leadership every possible level

After rage it would be ATT.

so level below 15:
Att, Rage... if no other such option, then DEF

level 15 and above:
Leadership, Rage, Att (not you should be always be able to take something useful, only if realy unlucky, the options are : Mana / INT ... BAD!)

Do not avoid magic units, they can replace your own magic skills (shield from archmage, ressurection from inquisitor) but do not hesitate to kick em out and replace them with real WARRIOR units : real tanks like giants, demons, ancient bears, knights...

Do use your second "shield" slot for weapons... more damage = more rage, better counterattacks... skrew defense

Should you not like TANK tactics, go for shooters, obtain and learn dragon arrows, use shooting improving artefacts, and get all shooters that deliver deadly damage... precision also works fine + dragon arrow, you will be the hear piercer on the battlefield
Old 01-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the tips.

I've restarted the game a few times. Each time I was not satisfied with some inferior skill decisions I made or the lack of nice equipment in the immediate surrounding.

I don't like the game's randomness (i.e. luck) so much. I have to always figure out the best strategy based on what I was given, not what I have been planning. I wish I can choose spells and equipments and optimize them for upcoming situations. I have quite a bit of experiences from Heroes of Might and Magic V. In HOMMV the randomness still exists, but character planning (and a little restarting for the spells offered, yeah) can take us through the most difficult challenges.

In my current game I don't have Griffins offered to me, but a stack of 22 inquisitors from the forest mage tower and the furious paladin, plus and 14 horsemen from the tent made things a breeze for the first continent. I do miss the Griffins very much. Fortunately I got their eggs to spawn more later.

I got two kids from the frog wife, one with +5 defense and the other +20% defense. With equipment my lv 9 warrior has 23 defense! (12 ATK) The royal snakes are indeed awesome. I bought all of them and stock up in the castle.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Approved Member

Not taking leadership early with a warrior is just stupid ... Till level 15 is just more stupid. You won't be able to kill everything at the start areas, and will have really hard time when you go to freedom isles. If you dont take leadership till and including level 10, you have missed 100 + 200 + 300 +400 +500 = 1500 leadership already. This will make your life much harder than you expect, I guarantee.

Edit: I speak with high difficulty POV, like impossible; On lower difficulty you will be ok with other ways of development.

Last edited by Calinda; 01-14-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Not taking leadership early with a warrior is just stupid ... Till level 15 is just more stupid. You won't be able to kill everything at the start areas, and will have really hard time when you go to freedom isles. If you dont take leadership till and including level 10, you have missed 100 + 200 + 300 +400 +500 = 1500 leadership already. This will make your life much harder than you expect, I guarantee.

Edit: I speak with high difficulty POV, like impossible; On lower difficulty you will be ok with other ways of development.
Stupid? Really? So let me laugh at your statement, also allow me to tell you :" Be my guest!" as I never had problems with fights till and above level 15 as warrior... not to mention that on level 16 one time Leadership will greatly replace all leadership SUM of 1~14 level levelups. But in exchange I have much more RAGE and ATT... (of course if I would have mana/Leadership on level 10, I would go for Leadership... but on level 3 I would go for mana...). Also, I am not stupid, far from it, and I have papers for it (Officially measured IQ). If you like to advise to take Leadership each possible level, do so. Please try not to comment others suggestions in such unfriendly manner. Cheers!

I also had in mind all difficulties, so even Impossible.

Maltz: Try not to be so demotivated with some unfortunate skills/level up decisions/options... each time there would some like that, also try to look if the game randomness did not reward you in other way (like great artefacts) before you restart it.

Last edited by Gatts; 01-14-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

OK, when you beat MY score, I may agree with you ... Till then I hold on to my words.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

This is completely correct. In fact leadership should be number 1 priority for ALL characters (except perhaps for mages early on when given a choice between that and int, and even then it is arguable). Arguing that rage trumps leadership is the silliest thing I have ever heard. I never take a rage level up and I always have plenty of rage to use all of my abilities. The problem wtih rage abilities is recharge time (until end game at least).

Leadership level ups do not occur randomly, the come up every other level (or every level until you choose to take leadership). If you want to max your leadership you should take it every time you have the opportunity.

Warriors big advantage is the large army, play to your strengths.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
OK, when you beat MY score, I may agree with you ... Till then I hold on to my words.
What is your highest Score? I will beat it.

+ Not taking Leadership first 15 levels...