Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 01-08-2009, 03:29 AM
Registered Member

Default Freezing Issue Manifested after upgraded video card

Hi,

I upgraded my video card from Nvidia Geforce 7300 to XFX GEforce 9500 GT. I updated to the latest drivers and am running the latest 1.65 patch of King's Bounty. I aligned my screen resolution and the resolution of the game (to 1280x76.

KB now fatally freezes (requiring a hard restart) after between 1 and 4 minutes of play. I've restored all the previous video settings that I'd been successfully running (about 7 hours of gameplay) with under my old video card, but to no avail.

I use windows XP media edition with service pack 3 and 3 GB RAM. Does anyone have any advise or do I need to re-install my old card for this game?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:41 AM
Approved Member

I would try to reinstall Directx then the game only... after both DirectX and KB were reintalled and the crash continues - check your LOG (click right mouse button on "My Computer", LMB on "Manage" and read all what is stored in
Computer Management Local
-System Tools
--Event Viewer
--Performance Logs and Alerts
and of course focus on times of the game crashes, it may fasten the read process.... this may lead you to your question -> how to solve the lock up issue...

Hint: check if the new video card is really hard-pressed into the mobo slot, may sound stupid, but occurs quite often in such cases