Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 12-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

Default Warrior on impossible is easiest at least timewise with different playing style

After finishing the game with all 3 classes I have to come to the conclusion that warrior (also on impossible) is probably the easiest timewise and also battlewise.

At first I expected the difficulty to be warrior>paladin>mage but after while and when u fully managed to exploits the units warrior beats mage. If mage can cast 2 magic every turn then it' s probably mage.

I think I spend around 25 hours max with warrior on impossible. With mage close to 40 hours with lots of loads and reloads when long fights turn out not to be worth. First u just need to rush the ruined castle mission afterwards you are so overleveled that u grind most of darlon with minimum loses using 2 1/2 stacks of marauders vampires royal stack and another whatever units. Most battle are 3 turns with few 4 turns they can be 2 turns but I want to fully use the marauders. The extra gold kick ass also allow u to buy every thing u encounter. I didn' t bother to go for as fast as possible in game time as u need to save and load often and my pc crashes frequently if I save and load to often. I think it' s known vista bug for certain games.

With warrior u can kinda easier upgrade ur intellect whereas as mage u can' t upgrade attack as easily with weapons regalia etc. The skull with +5 int and +5 defense is good example. I like the warrior tree with the ini and attack upgrades also more than any other classes as these are really usefull separately. Mage for example if u don' t need all the 3 magics to be upgraded to lvl 3 imho. For my playing style killing the enemy a.s.a.p. with minimum loses it isn' t necessary. I upgraded distortion and chaos to level 3 and didn' t bother using any order at all. Only gift

Only difficult battle I had was vs Neoka when I was underleveled (around lvl 15) very big time. I went to get her as soon I was possible, but I did clean darlion and freedom islands entirely before going to the dwarfs. I didn' t any necessary fights till I got the rage box and learning. I guess this helps also.

With the demon army u grind easily through dwarfs and elven land. The demoness just rox. Depending on the situation I use her to charm or to swap my vampire units with ranged unit. This allows me the use of 2 free sacrifes the first 2 turns on on the vampire unit and one on the units I time back. Also I abused a small unit of imp+gift to trap and then lure their strongest units that is lurable and I can' t kill the first turn.

Then I switch over to mainly sprite and dryads as damage dealers with bone dragons for the aoe damage and demons I use mainly as tanks. This strat might work with others classes also but I doubt it will be as usefull as with warriors as the attack are so overpowered. My demons have 9X attack at night and I managed to get sprite as high as 6x.

Lol I totally whooped the level 27 hero ambrosius in the land of death when I am level 22, the fight was labelled impossible. I killed the hero in freedom islands also while being heavily underleveled. Only hard to beat units are black dragons but u can abuse soul drain+diplomacy fighting them. My soul drain is only 1 turn rest so u can use every turn. If enemy have 2 stacks of 12 black dragon u don' t bother them the first turn with ur normal units just soul drain them in 2 turns ones on each and all other units are dead meanwhile third turn u use sacrifice + time back on a units to recover some of the loses the black dragon caused at start of the fourth turn the sprites finish of the dragons.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

There's nothing a warrior can do that a mage couldn't, and mages get an additional spell per turn so the only thing you've proven is that you weren't able to use a mage to its full potential and then used all the experience you've gathered in previous runs to play a warrior. If you had enough time to write all that you should spend some of it on your English.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keneth View Post
There's nothing a warrior can do that a mage couldn't, and mages get an additional spell per turn so the only thing you've proven is that you weren't able to use a mage to its full potential and then used all the experience you've gathered in previous runs to play a warrior. If you had enough time to write all that you should spend some of it on your English.
Right.. nice smart ass comment at the end, well done.

I think he just demonstrated how to play a warrior quite well
Old 12-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Right.. nice smart ass comment at the end, well done.

I think he just demonstrated how to play a warrior quite well
thanks, i think the other guy should try kill impossible random stacks or heroes with +5 levels with ur mage army under 5 turns. He has no clue for example what 20 giants with pimped up attack can do with their earthquake.

u can equip king' s hammer, battle axe, mithril shield and if u are lucky you can even find 2 battle axes or swap for dragon slayer. I took the mithril shield instead of the runes which I usually do.

Use telescope with the 2 special dwarfs armor and ur cannoneers can even take out pesky black dragons with one shot.

Only bad thing and annoying using cannoneer and gaints are that u need to surpress the king' s hammer every 5 battle or so. The gremlin towers has 12k hp so it' s kinda annoying battle.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Approved Member

lol, he demonstrated how to play any class, the only advantage a warrior has is that he has slightly more leadership and that his spirits level marginally faster. I wasn't trying to diss his game tactics as they are all sound, just his statement of the difference in class efficiency.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

well I guess u didn' t played with warrior?
With warrior u have stack of 24 giants with the ld downgrades.
U giants do 2600hp damage vs ground units.
Some battles have 10 units, this means 24k damage similiar to crits of sprites/thorns etc

With mage ur 14/15 or 16? giants do 1200hp damage vs ground units. This means 12k damage. Warrior isn' t the same try play it under 25 hours with warrior it isn' t necessary to do the poison/magic spring res/sac for 20 turns strat. I think I never passed 10 turns with the fight vs neoka as longest. Timewise warrior beats mage, even when the mage is extremely lucky with items.

Though I agree mage is easier in a way that every can finish impossible with mage after learning the exploits of the mage, but if u exploits the units bonuses warriors becomes easier. My first time was paladin on normal then mage on hard and finally warrior impossible. I find warrior on impossible was easier than mage on hard once i start abusing the units.

If you are really smart u give priority to the night and undead commander skills. This make games for 35% easier.

Oh and I am sorry for my english. It is my fifth language and I think it' s okay for being fifth language, don' t u agree?

btw warrior ld is not same as mage. It' s like warrior ld is euros and mage ld is dollars for the obvious reasons. In fact if you do all the maths I think roughly warrior ld is +200% of mage in absolute meanings.

Last edited by tjoepee; 12-01-2008 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Approved Member

Well that's just ridiculous, you can just as easily build up your attack with a mage instead of intelligence, sure there's less shrines on the map but the majority of your stat points come from items anyway. And the difference in leadership isn't that huge either, maybe 20% at best which you can easily make up for with an additional spell on the first round. And there's nothing stopping you from getting nighttime operations and dark commander skills with a mage either, it's gonna take longer due to slower might rune gain but you'll get more than enough of them to get anything from the might tree just like a warrior gets enough of magic runes to build up his magic tree. Not to mention that night only lasts for what? 6 hours? And dark commander only works on undead which are nice but not quite as readily available if you get a bad random seed.

And yes, I have played a warrior, a lot more than I have played with a mage. Also, there's no such thing as English as a 5th language unless you live in a rainforest and there's no english speakers within a 100 mile radius. Either that or you for some reason found it more prudent to learn 3 other languages before you bothered learning English, which is somewhat silly considering that English, next to Spanish, is the most spoken language in the world.

Oh, or you live on Balkan and you count Serbian, Croatian, and Bosnian as 3 separate languages, in which case no cake for you as they're all the same.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keneth View Post
Oh, or you live on Balkan and you count Serbian, Croatian, and Bosnian as 3 separate languages, in which case no cake for you as they're all the same.
this says enough what amount of knowledge you gathered before making assumptions/conclusions.

google switzerland and if you are not native swiss english is automaticly fifth language and comparing our language systems with all respect to balkan..... no comment.

if you don' t understand warrior ld>mage ld well..... maybe someone else can explain you. What you are saying is that if i have 120 euros and u have 100 dollars difference is 20 dollars. Too bad 1 euros is worth more turkish dollars then us dollars.

You have no clue also how many might runes u need to max out the might tree. U need more mights runes to max out all the skills then vice versa with the magic. As warrior almost every skills is very useable in the might tree and u only need few magic skills too fully benefit from the magic skills. As a mage you need all the might skills too fully benefit the warrior skills. And u prolly dont end needing every mage skills anyway. Alchemy is basicly worthless so is paladin runic stone skills u can abuse the dwarf and infinite money anyway this makes the warrior the only one with 2 unique skills.

Why do u think normally in rpg warrior is mainly a tank and damage dealer with no magic at all? IMHO once u gets to know and understand the game and fullly exploits everything warrior finish game fastest absolute timewise.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Haha, Switzerland, no language of their own per se so they decided to speak a different one in every part of the country. Also, slavic languages are in most cases more complex than italic or germanic ones so you should feel honored by the comparison.

Also I don't see what you mean by the value of leadership, leadership is a static value that limits the ammount of troops you can have proportional to the troops' leeadership requirement. Leadership requirements are identical for all three classes, hence the value of leadership is identical for all three classes.

And the Might tree is just as useful as the Magic tree, of course moreso if you play a warrior but the same goes for playing a mage. You have more than enough runes to max out everything you need, as well as what you don't need.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Having played both, i should admit that from my point of view, tjoepee is right to say that the warrior is stronger -timewise- . Overall there is no big difference, but from my esperience, it took considerably less (maybe 20%) to use the exploit for the warrior, than the exploit for the mage. Focusing first on the might tree and having a second weapon slot avaible right from the start, made the difference for me. Mage is not gimp, it just take a little more time to develop his true strenght (you can do incredible things with 2 spells per turn, even if u don't use chaos at all).