Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 11-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

Default Is leadership working ok?

Hello all,

Just going through my first run of the game playing as a Paladin. I am level 17 with leadership a little over 9900, and just received a leadership banner of +1300 leadership from an altar in the early part of the elven lands. Since most battles are pretty tough, I was very happy with this leadership buff, however nothing was added to my total.

My question now: is this a known bug, or is leadership capped somehow, maybe depending on stats or level?

I installed 1.7 patch (then non-atari one), I think that is pretty recent.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

+1300 ldrs from onw single banner is pretty sick... with 1.6.5 in final areas you'll get something like 80-100... so i think it was just some kinda of bug. However 10K ldrs at level 17 you're doing ok, maybe just a little low. There is no cap to ldrs.

<<No edits made - just accidentally pressed "edit" Sorry! , Gatts>>

Last edited by Gatts; 12-03-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

Well, it wasn't a normal banner from the adventure map (those give pretty low boosts yes), but a reward from visiting one of the altars. I guess it's just a bug then, pity. If my leadership isn't too low, I guess I need to start working on improving my magic repertoire to make things easier.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

Even from altars i never got that much. Maybe it was just 1300xp?.
Btw it's not really the quantity of ldrs that counts, even if more helps for sure, but the quality of your troops that helps so much. Just make sure to have high morale on all troops (troops that give + morale are invaluable, so it is the bonus that come from havig all-of-one-race), +crit% items equipped, keep rage as full as you can, you'll see your overall dmg skyrocket!
Old 11-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Approved Member

You don't get leadership from altars, only experience but it might appear as leadership since the icon it uses is a leadership flag.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

I think Lari is right, it's probably xp. Did you read the text, or just look at the picture that showed up after you clicked the Altar. The picture that comes with "you just got xxxx xp" (or however they put it) looks, for some stupid reason, like a leadership banner.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

Talking about leadership I noticed after couple of battles it seems my leadership was not enough to handle all of my units.
What I mean - I started a battle with enough leadership and when I finished the battle some of my stacks had a red crystal icon on them (which shows the leadership is not enough for them) - so I had to reduce the number of the units in those stacks.
This happened at least twice and I am *absolutely" sure it is not due to an artefact loosing its abilities.

<< note from Gatts: I didn't edit anything, accidentally clicked on "edit"... sorryyy.>>

Last edited by Gatts; 12-03-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Do you have the Diplomacy skill? Which units specifically increased in numbers? Did you use Sacrifice? Did you use Ghosts?
Old 12-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keneth View Post
Do you have the Diplomacy skill? Which units specifically increased in numbers? Did you use Sacrifice? Did you use Ghosts?
None from above. I was mage and just was blasting my way through the enemies. Never used sacrifice except in couple of battles very early in the game just to see how it works; and I never used any undeads.
This happened to swordsmen and to royal snakes but I went through the game mostly with those 2 units (replenishing them from my reserve).
At first I thought it is due to some artefact losing morale but it was not the case. And I used the frog woman without any kid for the whole game.
At the same time I am absolutely sure I didn't remove any leadership artefact too. And it is not due to the rats on the stick things - I know they reduce the leadership and I was carefull about them.
And no diplomacy skill either.

Edit: the only thing I can think of is the enemy using something wich increased my stacks over the starting size. But have absolutely no idea what it could be.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

I smell bug. Thing is your leadership will always be the same throughout the battle and you cannot alter the leadership value during the battle.

1. Diplomacy never yields you more units than your leadership could handle.
2. Even if you use living artifact, the changes in morale only happen AFTER the battle.
3. Roasted rat has no impact on your leadership during a battle because it can only be consumed in adventure mode.

I can only say hopefully you can reproduce the case and report it. Personally I have never encountered such things.