Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Default Am I missing something? can some of the braggers on here be that good?

All credit to some of the guys who claim to have basically, raped the game. On impossible, in under 25 days, with no losses....See, to me that sounds like absolute bullshit but there you go.

I'm not the greatest player of this game and never claimed to be. I just don't understand how it's possible to achieve these ridiculous scores!?!

Can the game devs shed any light on this?
Old 11-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

Well, some of these "braggers" actually elaborate on their strategies...if you would care to take the time to read them, rather than throwing this big stink (and not for the first time, either) about how they must be cheating.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

Okay, I'll bite.

I said before that I was getting tired of your inferiority complex. You want to learn? Go read sector24's 'No losses' thread. Have a look at 'Surviving on Impossible' or 'Impossible Warrior Challenge.' Better yet, take up MajorS's offer of having a look at his savegames, all 83 of them from his last game.

You just can't handle that people might be better at the game than you are. I've played this game for well over 200 hours now and I can recognise the fact that there are some players (Calinda, MajorS, sector24) who have done better than I have. But do you hear me carping on about it?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

I think planning goes a long way towards getting a high score. Just think about it this way, the time you spend in combat doesn't count towards the score. If you spend an hour in combat making sure you end the fight with full mana and rage and don't lose anyone, and 7 seconds running to the next fight, you can clear an entire continent in a couple game hours. It's just a matter of spending the time that counts against your score wisely.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Okay, I'll bite.

I said before that I was getting tired of your inferiority complex. You want to learn? Go read sector24's 'No losses' thread. Have a look at 'Surviving on Impossible' or 'Impossible Warrior Challenge.' Better yet, take up MajorS's offer of having a look at his savegames, all 83 of them from his last game.

You just can't handle that people might be better at the game than you are. I've played this game for well over 200 hours now and I can recognise the fact that there are some players (Calinda, MajorS, sector24) who have done better than I have. But do you hear me carping on about it?
1) It's a game, nothing more. I don't have an inferiority complex. But I do have a life outside of my bedroom, we can't all be "experts" claiming this and that can we..posting screen shots ha ha
2) Only four people out of the thousands that have bought it make these ridiculous claims. You see the same thing on every forum for a game I have ever bought and it will never change. Within the first week of a game release someone claims to have blitzed the game and it's laughable.

I appreciate the "longwinded" threads from all of the "experts" on this game for the advice of how to cane the game, yet few of us are able to implement these tactics, funny that.

And for the record, you are not on my list of bullshitters so stop being such a girl!

Last edited by Kings Bounty Hunter; 11-17-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sector24 View Post
I think planning goes a long way towards getting a high score. Just think about it this way, the time you spend in combat doesn't count towards the score. If you spend an hour in combat making sure you end the fight with full mana and rage and don't lose anyone, and 7 seconds running to the next fight, you can clear an entire continent in a couple game hours. It's just a matter of spending the time that counts against your score wisely.
We must be playing a different game mate
Old 11-17-2008, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Bounty Hunter View Post
We must be playing a different game mate
Obviously. Just go read the Russian board with google translate, this is nothing here ...
But it really looks like you got issues here. So just because you cant play Chess like Anand he must be cheating right? And even if he explained his strategies most people wouldnt be able too follow. Same thing just on a higher level ...

I had fun playing this game with min/max and to see whats possible. No losses game? Possible. Beat impossible in 11 days? Possible. Both? Not sure but you bet that some people have fun with different things than you do. So why dont you just stop whining?

Last edited by MajorS; 11-17-2008 at 02:51 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote from the topic of the thread:
"Am I missing something? can some of the braggers on here be that good?"

I will try to answer both questions:
1. Apperantly you are missing something. Lots of things actually.
2. Apperantly the braggers may be that good.

P.S. If you ask me these answers aren't more rude than the thread topic.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Approved Member

I can't see how you can take a guy from level 0 to level 30 in fifteen days. I'm sure i'm not the only one. Can't find any vids on youtube of people killing an impossible hero within say 6 days for example...

Shame really cause I do with the help
Old 11-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Bounty Hunter View Post
Shame really cause I do with the help
Really, yeah ....