Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 10-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

Default Possible errors and Pach question

OK, first of all, I bought this retail version DVD at a store and it says it is version 1.6b7. I have noticed no problems so far (level 7) except I don't see any portals on any maps. No big deal. Is this new patch (1.6.5) for me (English, retail vers.)?
Also, I have noticed a few odd things happening...
When I use 'Magic Shackles' on Skeleton Archers there seems to be no effect.They can still use both their talents and abilities (they shoot me and use poison and black arrows).
And 'Devilfish' are moving twice in one turn. They move, someone else moves and the same exact troop of devilfish move again. No, this is not an end of turn - begin new turn issue.
Any clues w/b greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmskin View Post
OK, first of all, I bought this retail version DVD at a store and it says it is version 1.6b7. I have noticed no problems so far (level 7) except I don't see any portals on any maps. No big deal. Is this new patch (1.6.5) for me (English, retail vers.)?
Also, I have noticed a few odd things happening...
When I use 'Magic Shackles' on Skeleton Archers there seems to be no effect.They can still use both their talents and abilities (they shoot me and use poison and black arrows).
And 'Devilfish' are moving twice in one turn. They move, someone else moves and the same exact troop of devilfish move again. No, this is not an end of turn - begin new turn issue.
Any clues w/b greatly appreciated. Thanks.
devilfish have the running tallent which allows them to recieve an extra couple of movement points once per battle, what you're seeing is the AI doesn't fully use the devilfish's action points, waits, and later finishes using them and also uses that ability. and with the skeletons, i really can't tell you.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. How about the patch - do you know? Thanks.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

If You have 1.6b7 then yes, apply 1.6.5. Almost for sure You have Atari version.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Registered Member

Hi,

I bought King's Bounty from GamersGate, version 1.6.4 (build 34.387). I don't see any mention of Atari, since it was a direct download purchase. Is the patch compatible with my version, or will I end up messing up the game?

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huygens View Post
Hi,

I bought King's Bounty from GamersGate, version 1.6.4 (build 34.387). I don't see any mention of Atari, since it was a direct download purchase. Is the patch compatible with my version, or will I end up messing up the game?

Thank you in advance.
This patch is ONLY for Atari version (version 1.6b7). So don't install it.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

Thank you for the extra fast response

Does that mean that the GG version will receive a patch later? (because, from a quick glance, I still use "D" for digging, whereas with the patch I think it's "E")

edit: oops, how lazy of me. Just checked with GG and there's a patch there...Sorry. Still, do I need to start a new game, or can I go on playing the current one? Many thanks
Old 10-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huygens View Post
Thank you for the extra fast response

Does that mean that the GG version will receive a patch later? (because, from a quick glance, I still use "D" for digging, whereas with the patch I think it's "E")

edit: oops, how lazy of me. Just checked with GG and there's a patch there...Sorry. Still, do I need to start a new game, or can I go on playing the current one? Many thanks
As far as I know, you can use your old saves.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
As far as I know, you can use your old saves.
Nike-it; I got my game from D2D vers 1.6b7 (build 32746), can I use the patch that is here or do I have to wait for a patch from D2D?

Last edited by mechnic; 10-23-2008 at 06:24 PM. Reason: added the build#
Old 10-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechnic View Post
Nike-it; I got my game from D2D vers 1.6b7 (build 32746), can I use the patch that is here or do I have to wait for a patch from D2D?
Yes, you can. KB 1.6b7 (build 32746) is Atari version.