Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 10-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Default Will the new English 1.6.5 patch work after I patched with the Russian 1.6.4 patch?

Since the English patch just came out, I guess it may be too early for anyone to answer this question, but I thought I'd ask it anyway. At this point, part of me wishes that I would have just waited for the English patch, but perhaps even if I can't install it over the Russian patch, maybe the save games I have now will still work if I uninstall the game and then use the English patch?

EDIT: if I didn't make it clear, my game is the US DVD version (1.6b7) and I used the Russian 1.6.4 patch

Last edited by Snaggly Pete; 10-17-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Well for anyone who's interested, I used the English 1.6.5 patch over the Russian 1.6.4 patch and everything seems to be fine. Two things I noticed immediately though:
1. The Atari logo is back at the bottom of the screen when the game starts.
2. I need to put my CD in the drive for the game to run.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the update. Were there any positive changes? I sort of like the idea of not having the atari logo and not having to put the cd in the drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggly Pete View Post
Well for anyone who's interested, I used the English 1.6.5 patch over the Russian 1.6.4 patch and everything seems to be fine. Two things I noticed immediately though:
1. The Atari logo is back at the bottom of the screen when the game starts.
2. I need to put my CD in the drive for the game to run.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
Thanks for the update. Were there any positive changes? I sort of like the idea of not having the atari logo and not having to put the cd in the drive
No positive changes that were obvious. Unless, of course, you consider the resolution of the Mirabella crash and other bugs a positive change...
Old 10-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

http://www.kings-bounty.com/eng/patches.php
Old 10-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

I meant any positive changes over 1.6.4 ? Mirabella crashing i solved with the eng hot fix. But it is not clear to me (from the change list) which are specific to 1.6.5. I suspect the poison cloud was toned down from 1.6.4 (in) 1.6.5. In my current game (hard warrior) I've been abusing it horribly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggly Pete View Post
No positive changes that were obvious. Unless, of course, you consider the resolution of the Mirabella crash and other bugs a positive change...
Old 10-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Registered Member

I'd be interested too which changes are new in 1.6.5 over the Russian 1.6.4.

I really don't like having to swap CDs back and forth all the time so if there's nothing new in the English patch there's no point in installing it over the Russian 1.6.4.