Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

Default Now that was NO fun!

After playing as a Mage on Hard for a while (level 14), I decide to take a break from it and try my hand at the Warrior on Hard. I play for a good ~8 hours, in which time, I am level 8 and generally loving this particular game instance (great artifacts, and very different units and likable from my Mage run).

In this time, I have been rotating my quicksaves (great design decision by having 3 quicksaves opposed to 1 - kudos to the developers for that), and have been relying on castle saves for any castle battles.

The following day, I continue with my Mage for some time, again using quick saves - and then realize - I lost all the progress on the Warrior including any castle saves since I visited a castle with the Mage and it overwrites the same spot!

I wish the developers had chosen to create a separate save folder per character - hope they implement this in a patch / expansion!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

Well, quicksaves are named quicksaves because theyre quicksaves

Quicksaves overwrite each other regardless of the character played since the invention of quicksaves
Old 10-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

LOL, yeah. I realized it the painful way . Just that other games allow player profiles etc, so I haven't faced this problem before..

Are there any others out there who lost their progress to the hands of quick saves.

Lesson learned: Finish one character before starting another, otherwise remember to do a formal save before switching characters.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Approved Member

Heh, there are about 50 saves in my folder from the 2 and a bit games I've played. I wonder how much hd space this is taking up.