Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:55 AM
Registered Member

Default Tip: Dive Bomber Tactic

I learned this trick with the "suicide bomb" spell (forget the name, but it a chaos spell):

Get some gryphons. Put 2 in your army and leave the rest in reserve.

During the first turn of battle, move the 2 stack of gryphons towards the enemy. Split the gryphon into 2 stacks of 1. Now the 'new' gryphon can move to the other end of the field.

Cast the bomb spell on him, move him next to all the enemy troops. Cast the swamp (rage) shield on him. Now tell him to defend.

Watch as all the enemies focus him and surround him...then blow up

Repeat this as necessary. Use inquisitors to raise the dead gryphon too !
Old 10-02-2008, 04:39 AM
Approved Member

Ah, i tried the kamikaze spell for fun the other day too. What i did was i cast it on a phantom and when the spell expired, it exploded. Only did it once though because i played a paladin and there are usually other spells i need to cast.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:00 AM
Approved Member

Good one, I never touched Kamikaze until I saw these.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

You can put that bomb on enemies too actually
Dunno if it's supposed to be a bug or not.. It's fun though, but you gotta hope they dont run into your units and blow them up:>
________
Suzuki VX 800

Last edited by Swindley; 01-19-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

How do you folks split a stack in combat? I understand how to do it on the map when I have a troop slot empty, but can't find a way to do it during combat. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

Splitting is the special ability of griffons. They are the only units in the game that can split in in combat.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Registered Member

Oh, thanks, I was hoping to be able to split marauders .
Old 10-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Or you could just use Fireball, Fire Rain, or Lightning, and not waste a troop slot on griffons.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I need some good tips on how to use Kamikaze. With the "Destroyer" mage skill, this has become hands-down the most damaging spell in my spell book and the mana efficiency is great.

Kamikaze 2165-4330 damage to all surrounding enemies for 15 mana! But the problem is getting the enemy to surround my suicide squad for maximum efficiency. By contrast, my often used damage spell is Fire Rain, and it does 2525-2885 damage in the same range (7-cell area) for 20 mana. That alone is awesome damage-to-cost ratio, but Kamikaze is way better... but too random.

So any kamikaze tacticians here want to lay out a good strategy? I also have Higher Magic x 3 so I can cast twice per battle. I usually create a phantom of my green dragon, and set kamikaze on it 1st round. Then send the dragon in (I pick the dragon because it is a unit in my army regardless of this strategy, and it has good enough speed to go plant itself right in front of the enemy army.) This works out ok, but I could easily just cast Fire Rain twice and have a better damage output. I've also tried demon portal x 2, then kamikaze x 2 in the second round. I might try out this griffin strategy, but is there any viable way to do this without wasting a spell, or wasting a slot with griffins?

Split one griffin, kamikaze on it, send it in, and kamikaze an enemy that may die for domino effect is something I may try today.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

what about Kamikaze with griffins and the target spell