Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 02-11-2014, 11:04 PM
Approved Member

Default Where to buy Rangers, how do i come to riftland and where is the 5th Valkyrie?

Hi there,

anybody can help me and say where i can buy Ranger?

How do i get to Riftland and...

...where did i find the 5th Valkyie (damn i will flight...)

Thanks in advance
C2k
Old 02-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

Rangers should be available on Melrassar.

You get to Riftland through the Mines, I believe, which open after you complete Prince Guilford's quest.

That's also the moment you get the last Valkyrie (and the ability to fly, at least in the IF addon).

EDIT: btw Rangers were always the staple of my army but now, with the unit levelling system, by the time you get to Melrassar your Slingers are almost maxed out and they're freakin' beasts. If you then switch them out for Rangers, it's like replacing a gattling with a pea shooter.

tldr: I don't like the unit levelling system at all.

Last edited by KarlosCV; 02-12-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

thanks for the tipps but no rangers anymore on Melassar in Ice and Fire...maybe before but not now anymore. But i found them now after completing the museum quest on eastern island in the titan museum, over 700 of them to buy

What are Slingers? I only know bowmen, elf, ranger, avenger and scout as bowmens...

Between i think the guilford quest is buggy with ice and fire...i now must go through portal on greenland but there is no portal after all as it before was when i play WotN last year
Old 02-13-2014, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

Slingers are the level 1 viking shooter. Pretty crap unit if you ask me...

As for the Guilford quest, do you mean the portal to Demonis? It should appear after you bring him the other two quest artifacts (heart & staff).
Old 02-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the info, don't know that slingers are that good later...they must get updates from hell to do so cause i play them to update level 3 or 4, they are nothing and are killed very fast cause of low hp...

The Demon portal is open now after getting all for guilford...but the quest to go through portal are long ago before i get the staff...
Old 02-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

There are plenty of Rangers on Melrassar in my Ice and Fire game, I'm strolling through using Rangers, Elves, Avengers, Scouts and Rune Wizards. The items I have make them stupidly overpowered :-

Telescopic sight -
+100% attack of shooters

Siege Crossbow -
+30% damage of bowmen
-1 initiative of bowmen
-1speed of bowmen

Dragons Quiver -
-10% leadership requirement of bowmen (doesn't work on the scouts)
All bowmen have 1 charge of dragon arrows at the start of combat (I spit on your black dragons!)

Elven Crown -
+1000 leadership
+1 morale of elves (doesn't work on the scouts)

Belt of Strength -
+25% attack of allied troops

They all have sniper ability so they can stay right at the back of the arena, at the start of combat I just cast precision and unleash bowman hell! I ditched the slingers and the lvl 10 bowmen ages ago and the damage I dish out is obscene... I'm just in the Cave of Mysteries now and I'm winning most fights in two rounds with no losses and without using the spellbook or rage skills