Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 12-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Default SW1: Red Corsair Mission -- Help Needed

I am new to Star Wolves. I purchased 1-3 and have only begun playing SW1.

I have completed the first three missions and I now have no option but to take the fourth mission which is the one to capture Red Corsair.

I have absolutely no idea how to complete this mission. I am completely overpowered by the group of pirate ships protecting him.

I have read an FAQ (http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/915045-st...ves/faqs/38220) but it talks about skills that I cannot achieve and weapons that aren't available. For example the Hammerhead isn't available to me. It also makes it sound like I can take on the ships piecemeal. However, they are all grouped together and all attack at once.

So far I like this game, but am completely frustrated that this mission is so difficult. I would really appreciate any concrete advice on how to complete this specific mission. If I can't get past it, the whole game becomes unavailable to me.

== update ==
I was able to finally complete this mission. Mostly due to dumb luck. However, I did determine that if you approach Red Corsair's location from left to right, you can get the first group of pirates to break of and come after you. This allows you to defeat them first and dock your fighters to reload and repair. Then go after the mobile pirate base with unguided rockets. When you follow the Red Corsair through the portal, head immediately for the asteroid fields and defeat the pirate fighters. Then go left to the pirate base and get the Red Corsair. Immediately head up to escape the pirates coming to that location from the destroyed portal. Meet the unknown contact and protect him to leave the area through the portal and then follow him through. This mission took me lots of saves and restarts and I couldn't have completed it without a lot of luck.

Last edited by tinjaw; 12-22-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Update