Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 11-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Default Sim black screen!

The sim freezes in a black screen with the crosshair logo when I try to launch it. Have searched the forum and the net and tried all the remedies I found but to no avail. ???
Win 7 and Cataclyst 3.101 drivers
Viking
Old 11-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

I'm getting that problem now too. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-24-2013, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

same here
Old 12-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Default Found the fix for black screen problem

I believe I have found the problem with game not launching and your stuck with a black screen. The problem lies with the Windows .dll file called UIAutomationcore.dll

For some reason this file gets corrupted and then screws up may other .dll files.

Here is what I did to correct the problem and keep in mind, I have Windows 7 Professional so I will be talking about that OS.

First thing you must do is have Windows run a diagnostic to find out excatly what is causing the problem.

Here is how you create the system diagnostic file called cbs.log
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Click on Start
Type in cmd
When it appears at the top of the window, right click on it and run as administrator.
The black DOS box will open and you type in...
sfc /scannow and press enter
This scan will check a number of files and place its results in a log file called cbs.log

Problem being that Windows denies access to this log. Why? Who knows! So now you have to get Windows to read the cbs.log file and write the contents out to another readable file.

When I ran mine, it left the readable file sitting on the desktop so it was easy to find.

Here is how you do that part

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928228

The SFC.exe program writes the details of each verification operation and of each repair operation to the CBS.log file. Each SFC.exe program entry in this file has an [SR] tag. The CBS.log file is located in the %windir%\Logs\CBS folder.

Note The Windows Modules Installer service also writes to this log file. (The Windows Modules Installer service installs optional features, updates, and service packs.)

You can search for [SR] tags to help locate SFC.exe program entries. To perform this kind of search and to redirect the results to a text file, follow these steps:

Click Start button
Type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.

User Account Control permission
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt

The Sfcdetails.txt file includes the entries that are logged every time that the SFC.exe program runs on the computer.

When you find the Sfcdetails.txt file, open it and scroll down. You will notice which file was bad... it sticks out from the others since windows will tell you whether it fixed it or not.

Mine got fixed by Windows. Windows overwrote the UIAutomationcore.dll file with one that it had saved somewhere on the hard drive.

Now my game starts and runs well.

Overwriting the UIAutomationcore.dll also cured a problem I had with my Flight Sim X program. Go figure, eh?

Now all I have to do is figure out why my joysticks are not working that well with COD. GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

And on it goes........ (