Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 09-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Registered Member

Default Crashing on 64-bit XP

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Is there anything I can do to make it work?
Old 09-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

I'm running it with Vista 64 and that works just fine. Don't know about XP 64.
It would be nice if you could give us some more detailed information like a Dxdiag & the error message itself.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that the game is running on 64-bit operating systems.

I'm getting an error message usually less than one minute after I have started the game. It can happen in the main menu, in the options, while selecting the character, during actual gameplay or in any other place. I'm getting two kinds of error messages. One is Visual C++ Runtime Error. The message it gives me is "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." Most often, though, it gives me the rather more normal application error "kb.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

My display driver and directx are up to date and I don't have problems with any other games. Any ideas what I could try?
Old 09-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

No, sorry, no idea. But those errors seem serious. I'd recommend to get some screenshots of them and send them to the developers. Hope they can find out what's wrong (and perhaps ever fix it in a patch if that would be necessary).

Another option would be to choose another OS. XP64 is not an ideal gaming OS... However, it should work, but I've heard more people complain games not working on that OS.

Not that I blame you for working with a bad OS but XP64 just seems 'unfinished' concering games. Vista 64 is more optimized in that way.

But first send those errors to the developers. Maybe they have already seen/heard about the problems you have. To be sure just add the dxdiag results too so they know about your hardware as well.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darra View Post
My display driver and directx are up to date and I don't have problems with any other games. Any ideas what I could try?
A wild guess, but you could try installing the latest official patch for the Russian version, in case the issue only exists in the English version (the executables are different). Link, just place it into the game's directory and run. Fear not, the game should remain English afterwards.

Last edited by pkt-zer0; 09-26-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

I installed the patch, but unfortunately the game still keeps crashing.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

The game crashes in my system too, a XP 64.

I guess we'll have to wait for a patch...
Old 09-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

Same problem here on XP 64. Everything's running perfectly and then it just locks up completely requiring a hardware reboot. Everything just freezes. Always happens on the adventure map, not in combat and usually 5-15 minutes into game launch. Appears entirely random. No error message. Also tried running in compatability mode, no luck.

I've been using XP64 for three years now and actually found it to be an excellent, more stable gaming OS than XP32. Granted yes, there has been a handful of problems specific to XP64, mostly in the early days and more so than XP32, but still a tiny fraction overall, and from what I recall, all ultimately corrected. First problem I've had in at a least year regarding games.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Registered Member

I found out that if you run the game on compatibility mode, it crashes less often.

To do so, right click the executable kb.exe, choose Properties -> Compatibility

Check the toggle "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose "Windows XP" in the combo box.

The game still crashes sometimes, but I can play it now.

Hope it helps
Old 09-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs down

same here... even in compatibility mode it crashes too often... xp 64bit