Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 06-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

Default Touch pilot one ???

I have an iPad now and went to Touch Pilot ONE website. The forum entry dates are 2012 with a few early 2013. Some said memory problems mean touch pad controls much easier for old guys like me since switches labeled, possible to access more Touch Pilot info online but a commenter said access now not available, site wanted suggestions which were let's have unmarked switches, smaller, make our own labels but no info about current development which sounds perfect for my needs. Anyone have this software in use, comments, etc? I would really like to use this for RoF and Cod so GA switch choices, especially radio, limit it and I stay with keyboard. Like to hear reviews, many thanks, John
Old 06-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

Is not answer to yours questions, but perhaps usefull:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29032

http://www.simhq.com/_mobile/mobile_005a.html

Sokol1
Old 06-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

I've got Tp1 installed. It is fairly good for non-combat flying or level bombing. Without being able to physically touch a particular key or slider though, you have to take your eye off the screen to precisely locate and use any of the functions. In a rush this proves entirely impractical. I found that Touch Pilot One was an interesting novelty, but not the control solution that I had hoped for. The Labels for different functions can not be changed either and this makes it needlessly bothersome to use. Also be prepared to have to remap all your current controls, as it renames your list of active peripherals in each games config.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
I've got Tp1 installed. It is fairly good for non-combat flying or level bombing. Without being able to physically touch a particular key or slider though, you have to take your eye off the screen to precisely locate and use any of the functions. In a rush this proves entirely impractical. I found that Touch Pilot One was an interesting novelty, but not the control solution that I had hoped for. The Labels for different functions can not be changed either and this makes it needlessly bothersome to use. Also be prepared to have to remap all your current controls, as it renames your list of active peripherals in each games config.
So that's a "no" then? Thanks for that, it is useful to know what doesn't work.

I hadn't really been considering hardware throttles etc. but they do seem to be the way to go now you mention taking your eyes off the screen.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
So that's a "no" then? Thanks for that, it is useful to know what doesn't work.

I hadn't really been considering hardware throttles etc (except that built into my current joystick, which is a nice feature, but pretty minimal) but they do seem to be the way to go now you mention taking your eyes off the screen.