Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 05-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Default engines will not rev up for take off power

Lost all data, REINSTALL cOd VIA STEAM, ADDED DESAsTERSOFT ANd tEAM fUSION. cOd CRONTROL SET UP HAD BEEN working and many happy flight hours flying, as one member said, targets for the real pilots! Re doing controls, simple engine management etc (I am 76 have to think if I had breakfast) so keep it easy..I checked axes and slide for elv trim, rudder rotation etc work. Throttle is fine in settings panel but in game, engines will not rev up to take off speed..slow motion finally enough speed to rotate in rough at end of RW! Any suggestions welcome as long as polite! Engines will not stop when I push "E" which is start command. Many thanks..
Old 05-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

Default Please check all engine controls

First, double check with Windows' Control panel that that the computer is getting full throttle deflection. If so, the game is the problem. It sounds like your throttle works OK.

Make sure that the Prop control is set to fine pitch. (Knob full forward)

While mixture does not work reliably in CLoD, Make sure the knob is in the full rich position.

Other things that are easy to overlook on takeoff, yet do not retard engine RPMs, are the wheel brakes and the radiator position.

Apply and release the brakes just before throttle application. This will assure that the parking brake is released.

Make sure the radiator lever position is not overheating your motor if you have to sit on the ground for a while... select temperature effects OFF in the realism menu. If you don't, be sure the radiator is full open.

ASUS Rampage III Formula, I7-950 O/C to 4.2GHz, 12 GB Corsair 1603MHz RAM, SanDisk 240GB SSD, EVGA GTX 780, X-Fi Titanium Sound, 1KW PSU, 30" Dell U3011 monitor, TrackIR5, modified Saitek X-52 & Combat Rudder Pedals, Buttkicker Seat Feel, Win 7 Pro, EVGA Precision X, VAC System voice control.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

I tried Ju 87 and all works fine. My problem is Bf 110, my favorite AC. I will fiddle with control panel, I will turn off engine and restart for TO to make sure "E" button is working, starting engines individually, as before data crash. Many thanks for your reply. My computer technique is "blundering forward"..
Old 05-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahnartz62 View Post
I tried Ju 87 and all works fine. My problem is Bf 110, my favorite AC. I will fiddle with control panel, I will turn off engine and restart for TO to make sure "E" button is working, starting engines individually, as before data crash. Many thanks for your reply. My computer technique is "blundering forward"..
110 and 109 pitch controls are backwards to all other planes. In your options/controls hit reverse axis (box on the right) on pitch control when flying either of these.

Also you can double check before takeoff that pitch is at the "12:00" position on the gauges which are in the upper right corner.

Last edited by torric270; 05-23-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torric270 View Post
110 and 109 pitch controls are backwards to all other planes. In your options/controls hit reverse axis (box on the right) on pitch control when flying either of these.
WOW!! Thanks. I have lengthy posts in this thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...848#post503848 trying to sort out my discovery/confusion of Options/Key assignments which worked 'incorrectly', upside down or reversed.

To me it seems that the 109's Prop pitch control keys work correctly: "Decrease Pitch" key actually does decrease Pitch. The Spit and Hurricane, however, the Decrease Pitch key actually Increased pitch! Key controls have no "Reverse" option/box, of course.

What I have had to do is save a Bf109 Controls ini; then, change the Decrease/Increase key selections to have correct effect with Spits and Hurri's, saved that Ini. I just have to be sure to Load the appropriate Controls file for whatever aircraft I am going to fly. Not a big problem at all.

What I don't understand now is, I do not have any Axis set for "Prop Pitch". Why would I do that?

Last edited by DoolittleRaider; 05-26-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoolittleRaider View Post
WOW!! Thanks. I have lengthy posts in this thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...848#post503848 trying to sort out my discovery/confusion of Options/Key assignments which worked 'incorrectly', upside down or reversed.

To me it seems that the 109's Prop pitch control keys work correctly: "Decrease Pitch" key actually does decrease Pitch. The Spit and Hurricane, however, the Decrease Pitch key actually Increased pitch! Key controls have no "Reverse" option/box, of course.

What I have had to do is save a Bf109 Controls ini; then, change the Decrease/Increase key selections to have correct effect with Spits and Hurri's, saved that Ini. I just have to be sure to Load the appropriate Controls file for whatever aircraft I am going to fly. Not a big problem at all.

What I don't understand now is, I do not have any Axis set for "Prop Pitch". Why would I do that?
I think where the problem is what people think when they see increase/decrease prop pitch. For me increasing prop pitch is to go from say 50 to 100%. In a spit when you take off you are at 100% 3000 rpm (full fine), you would then "decrease" from 100 to 80% to get to 2600 rpm.

You, on the other hand are thinking correctly that the pitch is increasing going from 100 (fine) to 80% (more pitch). So for you, you should assume that it is backwards for you (spits and everything but 09/110) and set your keys accordingly; meaning just set what key you want to get to 100% and what key you want to get to 0%, just think % and not pitch per se.

Now for 109s and 110s, you can do what you already have, or just rebind the keys before flying one of them, or just accept they keys will be backwards for them, it doesn't take long to adapt to the reverse.

As far as the axes, I was away from gaming computer when I answered and didn't remember I used to have it map to keys, then the hat switch where u can't toggle the reverse box out to the right like you can when u have it mapped to a throttle slider or throttle quadrant. You can do this under options/aircraft, in the upper left there are a keys and axes tabs. From here you can bind different functions to joystick/throttle slider/ throttle quadrant, etc. If you have it bound to an axes, it just takes toggling the reverse box to the right to change from 09/110 to everything else.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by torric270; 05-27-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoolittleRaider View Post

If need are a option - under a "exotic" name:

Checking "Reverse" box you get correct operation for Spit:
moving a joystick slider (ie) forward - in game "airscrew control" lever move forward > Fine pitch > Maximum REV.

BTW - What HUD show is another history...

And, of course inverted operation for Bf.109:

Joystick slider forward, in game control switch on panel (or in throttle handle) is pressed down > REV (and clock) decrease.

"Typically CloD".

The workaround is use one specific controls.INI for Bf-109.

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 05-27-2013 at 04:01 AM.