Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 12:40 AM
Registered Member

Default New Pilot Need Help & Want To Join Squad

I purchased IL2 Sturmovik 1946 the signature collection. I would like to find an active squadron to join that welcomes new pilots with zero experience with this sim. I have allot of experience with combat flight simulator from years ago but this is totally new to me. I'm located in the U.S. on the East Coast so hopefully join a squad in my time zone. Look forward to some suggestions. Salute~~ Mustang2112
Old 04-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

Welcome and good luck with your Squad search (I have no doubts you will find one).

I advice you to install the patches up to the latest version, if you did not do so already:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=31667

Also stay away from mods, at least until you are familar with the game and its structure.
However - a squadron can get you in with anything faster for sure.

Its refreshing to see new pilots!
Have fun!

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 04-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Welcome aboard. Hit the Nugget's Guide in my sign. Also hit the squdron website link and go to training. If you like what you see scroll down to the link that says Panther Room and when you get to the yahoo site hit join this group. The Panther Room is like a recruiting room/message board for the 99th.

I agree Caspar and I think this is the only decade + old sim that is still not only very much alive but growing.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

Come visit us on the Hyperlobby.

www.hyperfighter.sk
Old 04-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Registered Member

Wow!!!! Seems extremely complicated just to get started...... Seems I'll need a computer degree just to figure out the patches....... Is there a squad that will take me on & help me with all this computer updating mumbo jumbo???? So far, I'm totally lost. HELP Please. I did join Joint Ops but have not heard anything as of yet. Maybe that's where to start???? Thank you
Old 04-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

If I could figure it out you will. Just start reading and here is a good place to start. Good luck
Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Registered Member

Well, I thought I would find a squad that was interested in helping a newbie out but have not heard from any. I guess I'll sell the game on Ebay & find something that's easier. Thanks for your replys
Closed Thread