Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Assault Squad

Men of War: Assault Squad Sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War

Old 04-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

Default Another Password Incorrect! (cd:260) question.

Hi

I already have a steam account and profile for playing MOWAS, all works well & I can play online.

My brother has been watching me murdering my 3d opponent and wanted to join in, no problem, so I buy him a copy of the game.
I enter the CD key and register the game without a hitch. Then he tries to go online and it says 'Password Incorrect (cd:260)'
I've reset the password 3 times but still get this message.

I contacted support yesterday, but it's the weekend and probably won't hear back till next week.

I guess the big question is ..........
Have I made a mistake by adding his account to Steam on my PC?
(My game and account is also on this PC)

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

If mowas was already on steam under his account and then u added it again with another copy of mowas gamespy cd key to same steam account that may cause a problem, but as long as you have login and password correct it shouldnt matter.

In registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1C\Men of War - Assault Squad it shows what accounts and cd keys are registered on the pc and what each cd key corresponds to each cd key. Adding it to steam is fine and doesnt do anything to gamespy cd key but if steam account already owned mowas and you add it again that maybe a problem.

Skirmishes/Missions by DJSatane
Old 04-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatane View Post
If mowas was already on steam under his account and then u added it again with another copy of mowas gamespy cd key to same steam account that may cause a problem, but as long as you have login and password correct it shouldnt matter.

In registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1C\Men of War - Assault Squad it shows what accounts and cd keys are registered on the pc and what each cd key corresponds to each cd key. Adding it to steam is fine and doesnt do anything to gamespy cd key but if steam account already owned mowas and you add it again that maybe a problem.
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify things (as I'm getting confused)

1) I have steam on my PC & my game key and account are working, including playing online.

2) I install my brothers key into the same Steam app on my PC, the key registers and all seems well, except he can't play online as it says Password Incorrect! (cd:260).........

Ah!, it seems only my CD key is in the registry!
I'll enter his key and see what happens, failing that I'll erase my key, leave his key in the registry and see if my key works on my other PC!!

I'll post the results later.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Registered Member

Hmmmmm,

I did a fresh install of steam and re-downloaded MOWAS: I changed my registry key (Game CD key) into my brothers new Game CD key, fired up multiplayer and got Password Incorrect! (cd:260) again!

I logged out of steam and logged back in with my details. Went to multiplayer and logged in without a problem!

I also noticed a new registry key appear next to the one I had changed.

So!, I can play using my account on my PC, but he can't. Tomorrow I'll try and install my brothers game on our other PC and see what happens.

I just deleted all registry keys to see if that would work, it didn't.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

OK,

So I installed steam on our other PC, downloaded MOWAS, entered brothers CD key, all fine. Went to login to multiplayer &...."Password Incorrect! (cd:260)"

It hasn't asked for the multiplayer serial which I find odd!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

That means your password is not correct, it has nothing to do with cd key. You are either mistyping your password or using incorrect username or password.

There are ways to change what nickname you have set for an email account with gamespy and even possibly change password by using gamespy arcade, however that trick worked month ago and whether it still works I have no idea. Info on that is :

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/sho...l=1#post235145

Old 04-09-2013, 01:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
That means your password is not correct, it has nothing to do with cd key. You are either mistyping your password or using incorrect username or password.

There are ways to change what nickname you have set for an email account with gamespy and even possibly change password by using gamespy arcade, however that trick worked month ago and whether it still works I have no idea. Info on that is :

http://digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/sho...l=1#post235145
Believe me the password & username are correct, I've tried logging in by changing the password on 4 occasions and tried caps etc in the username, but no joy. My own account works just fine, no problem with my user / password combo at all. I copy and paste my password that's saved on a word document, never had a problem. I've done the same with my brothers troublesome account but the 'password incorrect' message keeps showing. Surely if the username is wrong the login windows says so, like it has done when I've tried caps in the username.

I tried what you suggested with Gamespy Arcade. It recognizes my account (email / password combo) but not his new account (email / password combo)
Even if I try to register his username on GSA it says 'name already taken'....

Still waiting for Steam support, not had a reply yet.

Last edited by EvilMcBad; 04-09-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Steam has nothing to do with gamespy.... so you will be waiting forever.

If you cannot login with your brothers account to GSA then the account is not created or incorrect.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Steam has nothing to do with gamespy.
?......I know it hasn't.

Quote:
If you cannot login with your brothers account to GSA then the account is not created or incorrect.
Seems that way, although the key registered fine with Steam and he has an account with username and password.

I'm sure Steam support can provide an answer.........once they get round to it :/
Old 04-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Online DRM/lobby is currently provided by Gamespy thats what the cd key is associated with for online play so thats who you would have to contact.

Their site is: http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/

You can even login there on upper right on page using ur gamespy id. try to login there with the account you have issue with.