Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Default Some advice

Hey guys,

Im interested in purchasing King's Bounty, but im wondering if its worth getting?
I've read some reviews but I'm still undecided.

Are there many bugs or freezes?

Basically would you recommend it?

Thanks
Old 01-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

I would definitely recommend it. I don’t know if you mean Warriors of the North or starting from the first with Kings Bounty Legend. I don’t like Warriors of the North quite as much as the first two in the series (3 if you count the Crossworlds expansion to Armored Princess) but I think Warriors of the North is certainly worth buying. WoftN is a bit buggier than the previous versions but I didn’t have much of a problem with it.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

If you have not played any games in the series i would definitely advise getting the first two games, and if you enjoyed those maybe get this one as well...

The Legend was great, and Armored Princess (especially with the Crossworlds expansion) was even better IMHO...

Warriors of the North is okay...
Old 01-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

I liked Armored Princess very much, same for the expansion Crossworlds.
I also like very much Warriors of the North, and i'm not having any problem with bugs..
You only have to play more carefully.. I mean, when you reach a new island, you should try to avoid fights and focus on collecting new quests.. (If you kill a monster BEFORE getting the quest related to that monster, the game will bug and you can't complete the quest anymore)
You also shouldn't grabbing 150 quests at the same time on 150 different islands, if the same npc is involved in 2 different quests, sometimes he/she bugs..
The game is splitted in 3 major parts:
4 starting island
3 new islands + demonis
2 final islands + mines
You sould try to complete all the quests before "switching major part".
Before leaving the 4th island, i only had 2 or 3 quests left, the one you can't complete before opening new routes.
The same after demonis, only 3 or 4 quests left..
Really mate, you just have to be a little careful, i did every single quest in the game (at least every quest I found) without any kind of bug.
You will get very early the flying pegasus, so it's not a problem at all avoiding fights to collect quests.
Btw, it's still your choice, but for me Kb WotN is really worth it's price
It's also worth it's price Kb AP and CW.. Unfortunately I never played the legend

Cu on kb wotn

Oh you also asked for freezes.. my game never freezed.

Last edited by Wyvern; 01-19-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenJackson View Post
Basically would you recommend it?
Thanks
WOTN was the first Kings bounty that hooked me. I tried the others but somehow I didn't catch on.
If it your first time playing any of the KB games, don't go for some kind of "long-term" investment build and don't play anything over normal
The harder difficulties can easily be done once you know all the different small things that give advantages in the game.

Overall really fun game, finished my playthrough of easy the other day (hehe) and started impossible now, feels hard but it feels good when you win battles!