Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 12-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

Default 4.12 and UP.3.rc4

I have qeustion about 4.12.
Patch 4.10.1 was compatibile with up.3.rc4.
Now all servers many servers support 4.11.1 but not up.3.rc4
Will be 4.12 compatibile with up.3.rc4 ?
Thank you very much for your answer.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1992 View Post
I have qeustion about 4.12.
Patch 4.10.1 was compatibile with up.3.rc4.
Now all servers many servers support 4.11.1 but not up.3.rc4
Will be 4.12 compatibile with up.3.rc4 ?
Thank you very much for your answer.
So basically the UP guys would have to recompile their mod packs on top of each new official release. I don't know much about what UP is doing but if UP3 RC4 was compatible with 4.10.1 that's where it ends. They would need new versions to be compatible with the new content in 4.11.1 and then with the new content in 4.12. It's not going to magically become compatible. They would have to release a new version...
Old 12-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

The UP guys made a decision to go their own way as they thought they had a better idea.

Now they are left standing alone in the wilderness.

You make your choice and run with it.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 12-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

You better assume that UP is dead. They are not posting anything, even if they are willing to keep it alive, they don't look to be doing anything on it, for a long time now.

Better switch to HSFX.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

Long time UP fan here but I think Zuti Mds made it to inflexible.
"Hey does this mod work?!"
"No, incompatible with MDS"
Very common exchange in the recent past.
DBW won't be dependant on UP anymore, so for offline its the way to go. 1.8 is being worked on as we speak.
Online HSFX, though its not my favorite.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
Long time UP fan here but I think Zuti Mds made it to inflexible.
"Hey does this mod work?!"
"No, incompatible with MDS"
Very common exchange in the recent past.
DBW won't be dependant on UP anymore, so for offline its the way to go. 1.8 is being worked on as we speak.
Online HSFX, though its not my favorite.
I have no idea what Zuti is doing or where he is but it would be great if whatever the issues were between him and TD could be resolved.. The MDS s a great piece of kit... I remember posts in ORR about something just like it back in the early days.. when we only dreamed about what we now have as stock in IL2.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:47 AM
Approved Member

Would be nice wouldn't it?
RRR was a really cool feature in multiplayer.
Although Ive heard from more than one place that Zuti can be hard to get along with. Wont say more than that as its conjecture and Ive never met the man.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

I get the sense that about half of the reason we don't have cool stuff in a mainstream mod or in the stock product (4.XX, etc.) is that people refuse to get along in a civil manner. Not pointing fingers or being specific... I don't even know half the stories but whenever I talk to someone about sharing something or collaborating on something, I get the impression that their back is up due to some past transgression. Again I have no idea what the stories are and I really don't need to know. It's just a shame.

It's a shame UP went off on their own... they had some interesting stuff. HSFX has some interesting stuff. I'd like to see a little more collaboration between all of these groups... particularly HSFX because some (a lot?) people fly stock servers with the HSFX visual/audio goodies but are faced with compatibility issues in some very random and odd places that needn't be.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Too many oversized egos getting in the way IceFire.

That's all it comes down to.

Sad but true.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 01-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
I get the sense that about half of the reason we don't have cool stuff in a mainstream mod or in the stock product (4.XX, etc.) is that people refuse to get along in a civil manner.
One of the main "raisons d'être" of mods is freedom in development. With this freedom you get some good and bad things. It is good that more people is involved more things can be done and very often some obscure but still interesting things are done. This works fine as long as mods are isolated one from another but as soon as more complex things are developed you can't avoid clash between the mods.

When that happens cooperation is necessary and that goes against "freedom" which is probably most attractive thing with modding. Suddenly, modder can't do whatever he wants and many are not willing to accept this. Add to this that modded game is ever changing and that require many mods to evolve too, which in turn force modders to commit to upgrade their mods to the latest popular pack. In the end what started as fun becomes almost like work. Instead of working on cool features one has to spend time on making his mods compatible with something that will be obsolete in couple of weeks.

For that reason it is inevitable that only long term successful projects are those where there is a strong core of people which share common interest and vision.